Home U.S. Coin Forum

need help on finding a camera for less than $100

It's been discussed that the nikon 950 is a great camera for coin pics and can be bought for less then a $100 on ebay. Tell me about some more. Just can't put to much cash in a camera right now.

Comments

• its not less than $100 but its close. free shipping too. i use an older nikon that is just fine for pics.
    beachcamera.com

with this camera you should get pics like this.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • If you google it, you can find find reviews, specs, etc.

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a cheeep Fugi Fine Pix 2650 with a micro lens. Works well and less than $50 complete. software is a snap to use.
    I have more expensive but this works so very well and is the cheapest camera I own out of 4.
    bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • If you can squeak out $50 get a Canon A550, A560, or A570. I think the 570 probably pushes $200 though.

Awesome little pocket cameras. And brand new with a warranty. Might be able to find some refurb ones as well for cheaper.

John
    Coin Photos

Never view my other linked pages. They aren't coin related.
  • Thanks for the suggestions and will research the cameras.
  • LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always remember, when you see great coin images ... it's not the coin or the camara that is great, it's what is behind the camara!
  • FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's been discussed that the nikon 950 is a great camera for coin pics and can be bought for less then a $100 on ebay. Tell me about some more. Just can't put to much cash in a camera right now. >>

I have an Olympus D-545, paid $250 in July 2005. Has a super macro setting, 4 megapixels, I see them under $35 on ebay used...can't vouch for the quality of used stuff but...

Link

Took this photo with mine

and this coin in an "unapproved" slab which ebay considers a raw coin worth $4

Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com
  • I'll give you double the $4 for it and add $4 more for you to ship it. Nice Mercury.

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wal-mart

Hoard the keys.
  • mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file