Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Need help with an Overton # for my 1827 CBH....

drddmdrddm Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
imageimage

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    numismanumisma Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭

It looks like O-139 to me. Check if the E in STATES is recut or not. This marriage is the only use of Rev. V, so if it is recut, then it is O-139 for sure. The pics are kinda dark, so it makes attribution a bit tougher.

Also, you may want to consider posting your coin to this thread on 1827 halves.

• Options
    Check to see that the I is joined ( a small ridge like a joint near the center of I) it is another identifying marker for a O-139 and the jointed I is also on the O 128. as they are both REV V .(sorry for the public correction numisma) Both listed as R.4 in O/P
    Missing My Life -PSA-Please Watch- 30 seconds could help someone you know

"If I say something in the woods, and my wife isn't around to hear it. Am I still wrong?"
  • Options
    numismanumisma Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭

PQ, thanks for the correction. You are right that 128 does use Rev. V. I missed that. However, the coin posted is not 128 based on the position of the 7 in the date and stars 7 and 13. Notice that the serif of the 7 is farther inside of the curl on 139 and star 13 is above the curl and not under the curl as with O-128.

I still feel that it is O-139. Interesting how darn close 128 and 139 are though. 1827s are a pain to attribute.
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    gimme a bigger digi-pic. 1827s are tough enough as it is!

K S
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are putting together a date set and want to attribute each coin then I would suggest that a wise purchase would be a copy of Overton.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file