Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Gold is above $730 - US Mint haulted sales of Gold coins

What is the real market for common circulated gold coins?
I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.

Comments

• Options
    where is it above $730
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    Pre-market spot is about $724 as of now. Buyers will be using yesterday's close until the markets open here.
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

<< <i>where is it above $730 >>

Futures.
  • Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    Go to Gainesville Coin and check out their St Gaudens prices, They have one of the largest inventories and best prices on the net. That will give you a good idea where the market is.

Gainesville Coins
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,045 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to the increasing market value of gold, the American Eagle Gold Uncirculated Coins are temporarily unavailable while pricing for this option can be adjusted; therefore, no orders can be taken at this time. We expect products to be available with adjusted pricing on or after September 27, 2007.

Price: $749.95
    Product is not available

When the mint shuts down sales of bullion, it's the best barometer of what's transpiring.
    INFLATION ain't so subtle , is it ?
  • Options
    Where do you see gold above $730? Are you smoking crack?
    GUINZO1975
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Where do you see gold above $730? Are you smoking crack? >>

If your mouse and cursor function properly, put this in your pipe !!!
  • Options
    _ _ _ K futures. That's half the problem, speculation.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it helps MS61 Saints-$840, 62-$865, 63-$920, and these are upper wholesale numbers. Retail is more. Circs are probably in the $780-$800 range.

$20 Libs in MS64 took a huge jump the past few days. These have moved from around $1250 to $1550. Somebody must have placed a huge order or are promoting the heck out of them. Of all the generic gold, this is the biggest mover so far. Even 63 $20 Libs are up over 10% now.

Oh yeah, and high reliefs are actually weaker in MS64. Surprise!

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Due to the increasing market value of gold, the American Eagle Gold Uncirculated Coins are temporarily unavailable while pricing for this option can be adjusted; therefore, no orders can be taken at this time. We expect products to be available with adjusted pricing on or after September 27, 2007.

Product is not available

When the mint shuts down sales of bullion, it's the best barometer of what's transpiring.
    INFLATION ain't so subtle , is it ? >>

Wow..they only paid $20.67 an ounce when they confiscated it from the American people....
    Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Due to the increasing market value of gold, the American Eagle Gold Uncirculated Coins are temporarily unavailable while pricing for this option can be adjusted; therefore, no orders can be taken at this time. We expect products to be available with adjusted pricing on or after September 27, 2007.

Product is not available

INFLATION ain't so subtle , is it ? >>

Wow..they only paid $20.67 an ounce when they confiscated it from the American people.... >>

...And yet, with inflation, $20.67 back then is worth in equivalent buying power, what today? image
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    LOL @ TwoSides2aCoin image
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    I've been getting quite a few more inquiries for slightly better Saints in recent weeks and I agree that many of them seem to be a good deal at these levels. Some of the common twenties seem to be a pretty good deal and there's a large market for them but slightly better dates in the St G series in particular at not that much of a premium over lower grade common seem to be a popular area.

Think the Chinese Central Bank is a little p'ed off at this 1/2 pt interest rate cut?
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've been getting quite a few more inquiries for slightly better Saints in recent weeks and I agree that many of them seem to be a good deal at these levels. Some of the common twenties seem to be a pretty good deal and there's a large market for them but slightly better dates in the St G series in particular at not that much of a premium over lower grade common seem to be a popular area.

Think the Chinese Central Bank is a little p'ed off at this 1/2 pt interest rate cut? >>

They could always decouple the Yuan from the dollar image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file