Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What is up with Mint sets

I have been trying to buy mint sets from 1999-2006 on ebay tonight. I have been outbid on 10 auctions tonight for more money than I would expect for these to go for. Am I missing something? I know these have more coins in them but dang.
RACC
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Comments

• Options
    uncircs or proofs?
    imageDo not taunt Happy Fun Ball image
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    maybe the cold weather is keeping people inside.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    you missed this one. Others have been from $157 to $229

Uncirculated Mint Sets
    imageDo not taunt Happy Fun Ball image
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    so many have been broken out that the supply of originals is running out. There are also more new collectors looking for them.
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't help but suspect the supply/ demand lines have finally crossed.

This will appear first on those which are in shortest supply such as the early issues, and on those which are in
    the greatest demand such as the states quarter issues.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    That cumulation of 99-06 barely reached Greysheet bid. After paying Meg her taste the seller would have better off selling them to a local dealer.
  • Options
    Got a good price on these but man the shipping dang. Thought I might get a break as they could be sent together. I guess I should not complain as the cost of the sets could not get better.

Item # Item Title Quantity Price Subtotal
    1984-P & D UNITED STATES MINT SET IN ORIGINAL PACKING 1 $1.76 USD $1.76 USD
    1985-P & D UNITED STATES MINT SET IN ORIGINAL PACKING 1 $1.04 USD $1.04 USD

Subtotal: $2.80 USD
    Shipping & Handling via USPS First Class Mail to
    (includes any seller handling fees) $9.70 USD
    Shipping Insurance (optional): --

Total: $12.50 USD
    RACC
    I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!
  • Options
    I recently sold a bunch of sets from 1970's to 2000's. They all did terribly. Took a few tries on some of them to even get a sale.
  • Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    I think the 99-06 sets are in demand because of the quarters.
    Other sets are easier to get.
    Ed
  • Options
    well I guess waiting around ebay and trying again is the way to do it. I just picked up 1999 P&D for 18.01 and 2005 P&D for 16.49. I do not think that is bad.
    RACC
  • Options

<< <i>That cumulation of 99-06 barely reached Greysheet bid. After paying Meg her taste the seller would have better off selling them to a local dealer. >>

The seller IS a "local dealer" in or around Dayton, Ohio. Probably some little ole lady is the real loser.
    "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore"

My Registry Sets
  • Options
    i know i`ve taken a few sets out of the mix searching out statehood quarters for 2 dansco set i`m putting together. one with BU and clad and silver proofs and the other P&D BU only. most are from mint sets with a few from mint rolls. the 2 sets i`m building total 300 coins. i cut up countless mint sets if it contained high grade quarters. i would imagine there are many others doing the same. supply is shrinking image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file