Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The upcoming Long Beach show, info requested???

Is it a decent sized show? How is it compared to the Santa Clara show? ...and who's going in September?image
image...There's always time for coin collecting. image

Comments

• Options
    capecape Posts: 1,621
    dizzy, i think you'll like it better than santa clara, definitely more dealers in long beach and busier than santa clara. long beach seems to have a wider selection of material. hope this helps .
    ed rodrigues
  • Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

I will be there, much better than Santa Clara.
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • Options
    Can't comment on Santa Clara but I will definitely be there.
  • Options
    I will have a table there. Stop by and say hello John. Dave W

David J Weygant Rare Coins website: www.djwcoin.com
    dalias13@hotmail.com
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Long Beach is one of the largest coin shows in the U.S. In terms of show size it is about twice the size of Santa Clara.

The next Long Beach show is from September 27 - 30. Here is the link to the website for the Long Beach Expo.

I will be there from Wednesday September 26 until Saturday afternoon.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    Been to both (and still attend both) - I'd vote for Long Beach.
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    I am planning on heading to Cali. after work on Friday, going to the show Saturday and Uni Studios Sunday. My wife is excited because this will be her first trip to LaLa land.

She gets excited about going anywhere, she is home sick for her family, but loves it here in the U.S.
  • Options

<< <i>The next Long Beach show is from September 27 - 30. >>

FYI- the show only runs through the Saturday the 29th- Sunday has been dropped from the LB schedule for the past several shows at least.
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    Long Beach is a fun show, and fortunately not far from me. Plenty there to keep any collector busy, whether buying, browsing or meeting fellow collectors. I need to get out to the Baltimore show too though as I have heard it is the best run one. Anyway, I am always at the LB show at least on Friday.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    I'll probably be at LB on Thursday
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the World's Largest Shows of its Kind.

September 27-29, 2007, over 2,000 dealers will attend the Long Beach Coin, Stamp & Collectibles Expo, a show spanning 100,000 square feet in the beautiful Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center. The Expo provides a venue for dealers, mints, collectors, and numismatic and philatelic organizations to gather, conduct business, market new products, and present educational exhibits. Many prominent authorities in their collectibles fields offer lectures at educational forums and club meetings. In conjunction with every Long Beach Expo, one can expect to find multi-million dollar auctions by Heritage Numismatic Auctions, seminars by eBay Seller Programs Consultant, Troy Thoreson, and the United States Postal Service.

PCGS PR
  • Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭

I went to my first coin show in 1966...it was the Long Beach show...

• Options
    tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭
    I will be making the journey to Long Beach.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'am going to this one did not make it to the last one had to work. I will be looking for Buffalo's I'll be the guy with coins in my back pack. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    We'll be there at table 535.
  • Options
    I will be there, just not sure yet on it being Thursday or Friday yet.

Scott

Toned Coins for sale @ tonedcointrader.com
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Santa Clara better than Long Beach. I have no intention to attend the LB show anytime soon. Santa Clara much more collector friendly IMO.

Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there at table 640, which is a new location for me. I've been doing Long Beach 3 times a year since 1987. A newbe to some, I suspect.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I like Santa Clara better than Long Beach. I have no intention to attend the LB show anytime soon. Santa Clara much more collector friendly IMO. >>

Fine, then. Miss lunch with Bear.

See everyone else there!
  • Options
    wayneherndonwayneherndon Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there!

WH
  • Options
    richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    I won't be there... I never go anywhere image

I am though currently scouring the lots.................... there's some nice 'uns in there. image
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    I will be there on Thursday.
  • Options
    I'll make a round of the tables, again.

Hey BBE- we should plan a lunch for Friday or Saturday.

I can't make it for Thursday- tower cranes going up on my project and they are tall ones.

and it looks like I might be biddin on a few coins in the auction...
  • Options
    MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭
    I will be there on Saturday image
  • Options
    rkfishrkfish Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    We'll be there.....
    Steve

Check out my PQ selection of Morgan & Peace Dollars, and more at:
    WWW.PQDOLLARS.COM or WWW.GILBERTCOINS.COM
  • Options
    goldman86goldman86 Posts: 495 ✭✭✭
    We'll be there as well!!!
    The Stealth Ninja
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCGS Grading Set at Long Beach Expo

- September 12, 2007
    (Newport Beach, California) -- The Professional Coin Grading Service will exhibit major portions of the extensive PCGS Grading Set during the Long Beach Coin, Stamp and Collectibles Expo in the Long Beach Convention Center, 100 S. Pine Ave., September 27 – 29, 2007.

The display includes multiple examples of all grades from About Good-3 to Mint State-67 for many major U.S. coin series; and displays of natural and artificial toning, altered coins, and toned coins depicting positive or negative eye appeal.

The educational exhibit also features examples of counterfeit and altered specimens including a 1797 half dollar, 1927-D Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle, Colonial, pattern and commemorative coins

The complete set used as a reference by PCGS graders has about 1,000 coins.

“We are in the process of greatly expanding the grading set. When the expansion is finished in the next six to twelve months there will be thousands of coins, and it literally will be a million dollar grading set. It will be incredibly comprehensive,” said David Hall, PCGS Founder and President of Collectors Universe, Inc. (NASDAQ: CLCT).

The public hours of the Long Beach Expo are Thursday and Friday, September 27 and 28, 2007, from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., and Saturday, September 29, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (The show is closed on Sunday.) Additional information can be found online at www.LongBeachShow.com.

PCGS PR

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file