Home U.S. Coin Forum

I am curious.... Who has been awarded the biggest "You Suck" around here? The Ultimate...

this ought to be interesting? who knows the answer? ought to be a jaw dropper i would think?

/ed

Comments

• mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭
    Not me my friend.
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote for Baley's discovery half dollar.
  • partagaspartagas Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭
    Wow that is a tuffy,

Mad Marty's 1893'S morgan for $7 or $8 bucks. It later slabbed at pcgs around VF.

Braddick's discovery of the Cheerios Sac pattern status.

Lots of good ones over the years.
    If I say something in the woods, and my wife isn't around. Am I still wrong?
  • In terms of net worth from initial investment, I would say the 2007 Sumorada George Washington Smoothie Hoard™ ranks near the top of the list:

Never teach a pig to sing. You'll waste your time and annoy the pig image

• DJCoinzDJCoinz Posts: 3,856

<< <i>In terms of new worth from initial investment, I would say the Sumorada George Washington Smoothie Hoard™ ranks near the top of the list:

image >>

Holy Crap!!
    aka Dan
  • GTOsterGTOster Posts: 860 ✭✭✭
    Here's mine I Suck
    But I think Marty has me beat
    Paul
  • jonathanbjonathanb Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See also this thread.
  • eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭
    What is the "You suck' award??image
  • JJMJJM Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What is the "You suck' award??image >>

finding or buying something for next to nothing thats worth quite a bit more
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... not to mention that it makes us all jealous!!
    When in doubt, don't.
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In terms of net worth from initial investment, I would say the 2007 Sumorada George Washington Smoothie Hoard™ ranks near the top of the list:

] >>

This is the one that came to my mind.

I've got some much larger percentage gains but for total value in a single transactions (or series), this has gotta be it.
    Tempus fugit.
  • foodudefoodude Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭
    Mad Marty's 1893'S morgan for $7 or $8 bucks. It later slabbed at pcgs around VF

Marty's $7 Franklin either beat that one, or is a close second.
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.

• << <i>Mad Marty's 1893'S morgan for $7 or $8 bucks. It later slabbed at pcgs around VF

Marty's $7 Franklin either beat that one, or is a close second. >>

so what was that $7 Franklin "Made" into anyways? and it's value?

/ed
  • tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    Those smoothies. Otherwise, I'd nominate myself for finding almost 200 1999 Wide AM cents from bank rolls and selling each for $100.

• << <i>Those smoothies. Otherwise, I'd nominate myself for finding almost 200 1999 Wide AM cents from bank rolls and selling each for $100. >>

holy cow! yeah... guess that's a "YOU SUCK" for sure!

/ed

• FLBuffaloHunter,cladking,

thanks for the vote, even though we were actively searching for these , finding 11,000 + was incredible luck......doing the right thing at the right time and being in the right place...........it was the score of a life time....as i stated in a previous post we kept a few of the 65's,66 and 2 67's for a rainy day, just to see what happens, to date (and we stopped selling these about 7 weeks ago) we have realized just under 800,000 dollars......99% were sold wholesale. thanks again, Eric

• << <i> to date (and we stopped selling these about 7 weeks ago) we have realized just under 800,000 dollars......99% were sold wholesale. thanks again, Eric >>

OK THAT'S IT CONTEST OVER... THREAD CLOSED... MOVE ALONG!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file