Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

R311 1936 premiums (Glossy or Leather) and R303 1939 premiums (A, B or C)

Hi Guys, I am interested in R311 1936 premiums (Glossy or Leather) and R303 1939 premiums (A, B or C). Does anyone collect these in either PSA or SGC slabs? How hard are they to come by and what problems arise when you try to grade them? Any info would be helpful. Thanks, Neil

Comments

• Options
    All I can say is that for some reason, the more respectable graders are very tough on these babies. I've sent two in that were just plain immaculate! The DiMaggio came back a PSA 5, & the Greenberg just came back a PSA 6. Now....both are the highest of their kind graded by PSA, but I don't see any reasons for a 5 & a 6 (maybe a 7 & an 8). Both cards looked NM to NM/MT+++ & I am very tough on my cards. I've seen many overgraded PSA cards & undergraded PSA cards, but these two took the cake! For some reason, this issue is just not given very high grades.
  • Options
    Hey Gandhi - were yours R311s? I didn't know PSA was grading those now.
    C56, V252, V128-1 sets
    Hall of Famers from all 4 sports
  • Options
    They were R303-B's. I see PSA hasn't updated the pop. report yet though. They still don't have the PSA 6 Greenberg listed yet.
  • Options
    Neil, If I was looking for R303's, I'd talk to luxurywines (on this board) / luxurysballcards (on eBAY) . I have seen only a small bit of what he has and the blew me away. Check out his eBAY store to get an idea.
    Dr S. of the Dead Donkeys MC