Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Certainly not a loser...The SAC...?!?!?!

What I don't understand is how these coins be losers when two recent sales just ended on E-bay..a PCGS 2001 D ..$1,325 and a PCGS 2002 D ..at $ 1,025.These coins keep going higher and higher.The mintages for the mid dates for the Sac are a few million.If you think that's high ..compare that to the Morgan dollars of a hundred years ago.There are certainly a few other years which are leaner as the Sac collectors are aware of......The Sac "a loser"........I don't think so.....!!!!
......Larry........image

Comments

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and contrary to popular belief, Sac Dollars actually circulate though that circulation is admittedly limited and in lesser numbers than general circulation.
  • Options
    eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭
    Yes,
    I agree that the Sac is not a loser. I was very surprised when they sold for that much.
  • Options

<< <i>What I don't understand is how these coins be losers when two recent sales just ended on E-bay..a PCGS 2001 D ..$1,325 and a PCGS 2002 D ..at $ 1,025.These coins keep going higher and higher.The mintages for the mid dates for the Sac are a few million.If you think that's high ..compare that to the Morgan dollars of a hundred years ago.There are certainly a few other years which are leaner as the Sac collectors are aware of......The Sac "a loser"........I don't think so.....!!!! >>

imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll come around... sooner or later when people understand what's taken place... they'll latch on.
    Sacagaweas aren't losers, they're sleepers.
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, when I have 1K to spend on a coin, the first thing I think is, SAC ME BABY, SAC ME!
  • Options
    JapanJohnJapanJohn Posts: 2,030
    I've got some pieces that would fetch some steep prices I think if I turned them loose. I almost hate to think what my Sac collection would sell for if I turned it loose lock, stock, and barrel right now. And I'm not even a registry chaser.

Heck the mint rolls alone command a respectable price. Everything but the 2000 rolls commands a premium.

John
    Coin Photos

Never view my other linked pages. They aren't coin related.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2001 Kennedy Halves are really hot, though. Better get them before the Mint runs out.image

Any idea what the mintage numbers might be for 2007 ? Q

as for the thousands spent SS... Well of course, you probably wouldn't purchase a Sacagawea as most people wouldn't. However, in defense of the coin, it has a following and I don't know what sold for a grand, but they are a really nice looking design. That's my thinking in a nutshell on the Sacagawea.
    They are difficult to score in higher than MS 67. I've tried image
    Edit a typo:
    Dumb typos image

Halfs and Half nuts !
  • Options
    GemineyeGemineye Posts: 5,374
    Sac it to me .!!....Sac it to me....!!.......image
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

wait till the sacs start getting different reverses!

"government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    I really hope that never happens. The Sac design is perfect as it is. Why mess with perfection?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file