Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Creating a new set for the Registry... advice?

Once approved, I am creating a new set for the Registry. If anyone has done this before, can you please give me some advice? My new set should fall under the "Key Card" topic as it will be based on the key rookie card of the each player.

I appreciate any advice and information!

Thank you,

Danny
Collecting Dallas Cowboys Rookies and Team Sets 1960-1989

Comments

• lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    Should your PSA-graded set composite not be listed in the Set Registry, please submit a request form. Set composites for company sets and key cards sets are generally loaded a first-come-first-serve basis and can take from 4-6 weeks before the set goes online. However, if you provide weighting for your requested set, priority will be given to that set. You will not be notified that we have received your request, but it will appear on the list below within several days after you have submitted it. You will be notified when your set composite is online.

REQUEST FORM PAGE

I think all the info you need is here...
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    Danny,

I created/submitted probably about 50% of the football Key Card sets currently on the Registry. If you need specific help shoot me an e-mail at jabeduco@yahoo.com and I'll be glad to guide you along the process.

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Jason.

I will send you a message a.s.ap. This is getting complicated! image

Danny
  • Jason... PM sent
  • envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I was going to point you in Jason's direction.

BTW, can you give us a hint as to what it will be themed after?

GL Danny!

-Josh
  • Josh... here's a hint

• drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    ROLL TIDE

I'm in when this set gets approved
  • Drew, this going to be one tough set $$$$....

`55 Hutson
    `57 Starr
    `65 Namath
    `73 Stabler

... to mention a few! image

Roll Tide!!!
  • drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    I would imagine the set would have to be worded like All-Time Alabama Alumni if your including Bart Starr since he was mostly a backup player while at Alabama.
  • I've completed research including former Alabama players who were All-American, members of the College Football HOF, etc. There are several players who did not make the list because they do not have a rookie card. I'm only using cards that PSA would consider as part of the Registry. Unfortunately, several Alabama players that are considered "Greats" will not be in the set (i.e, Van Tiffin). After careful consideration, I came up with 5 qualifications for the set.

University of Alabama - All-Time Greatest Rookies... Players in this set must have a "rookie card" and have achieved at least one of the following:

1. College All-American
    2. College Hall of Fame
    3. Minimum 3 years of professional football
    4. NFL Pro-Bowl or other professional All-Star (i.e., CFL)
    5. NFL Hall of Fame or other professional induction

Weighting this set is difficult due to the high values of the Joe Namth Rookie, Bart Starr Rookie and Don Hutson Rookie.

I know there are many Alabama collectors who will love building this collection. I'll be submitting set request this week!

Danny
  • JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    Danny has definitely done his homework on this one...He didn't need much help at all, but I gave him all the little tips and tricks I know of in getting the set online as quickly as possible.

Its a great idea for a set and I can see it steamrolling into other college alumni sets in the future. I know quite a few collectors who collect cards of players from specific colleges.

Look forward to seeing it online... The more football sets the better!

Jason

I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • shawthershawther Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

Has the process in requesting a new set changed? I have an idea for a new a set in the registry. Thanks.