Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Proposal to mods: Make "rover.ebay.com" a banned phrase

ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
This would prevent spammers like the one we just had from posting their spam and perhaps discourage people from joining this forum just to spam the place with "rover" links.

Any thoughts? Is this possible with the software you're using here?

Comments

• Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    This is a very early version of Fusetalk, and I'm not sure if the word filter has the ability to ban "rover.ebay.com" without also banning ebay.com.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    I suggest you send a PM to Carol, she should be able to determine if it can be added to the banned list.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    Add tinyurl too.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Add tinyurl too. >>

There are legitimate uses for tinyurl. Many members use it in their sig lines because of the 255 character limit.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Add tinyurl too. >>

There are legitimate uses for tinyurl. Many members use it in their sig lines because of the 255 character limit.

Russ, NCNE >>

Rescind my proposal image
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is a very early version of Fusetalk, and I'm not sure if the word filter has the ability to ban "rover.ebay.com" without also banning ebay.com. >>

Unless there's something special about the dot character, I don't see why not. Substrings of forbidden words aren't forbidden. For example, I can type "hit" even though it's a substring of a forbidden word with one letter before it. You can type "mustard" even though the last five characters are the same as a banned word.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file