CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    Yep...
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    dcamp78dcamp78 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭
    What makes that coin an F-15? I would place that more around a VF or XF...
    Big Dave
    -------------------------
    Good trades with: DaveN, Tydye, IStillLikeZARCoins, Fjord, Louie, BRdude
    Good buys from: LordMarcovan, Aethelred, Ajaan, PrivateCoinCollector, LindeDad, Peaceman, Spoon, DrJules, jjrrww
    Good sale to: Nicholasz219
  • Options
    greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    It is the 'stopper' for a VF set of Morgan's. It took me 2 years of hard looking to find a nice circulated example for my album set. I also agree that it would not be out of place in a VF20 slab. No better than that though.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice, does look pretty strong for the grade tho image
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The flat wing feathers will keep it from a VF grade. Of course that doesn't mean I have never seen a coin like this in a VF holder...
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • Options
    au58au58 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The flat wing feathers will keep it from a VF grade. Of course that doesn't mean I have never seen a coin like this in a VF holder... >>

This is a good point. A primary diagnostic for a full VF reverse used to be full separation of the wing feathers. Not any more.
  • Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $589 for a Fine-15? I sold an MS-63 a few months ago for $525.

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    He's asking VF money for a certified F15? Hmmmmmm.

Wow, only $125 difference in price range between VF and MS64 on the PCGS price guide for this coin? Unusual for Morgans, I presume because of the low mintage.
    Exclusively collecting Capped Bust Halves in VF to AU, especially rarity 3 and up.
    Joe G.
    Great BST purchases completed with commoncents123, p8nt, blu62vette and Stuart. Great coin swaps completed with rah1959, eyoung429 and Zug. Top-notch consignment experience with Russ.
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    perfectly graded example, & very cool to see 1 mid-grade circulated like that.

K S

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file