Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

YN and Newbie Giveaway - guess the PCGS quarterly submission for July! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
Here's a guessing game for those who like the quarterly PCGS specials. This contest will have 2 divisions: YN's, those 17 and under, and anybody 18 and over who considers themselves a newbie to the hobby.

The contest is to guess what the next Collectors Club Free "Special" free submission will be. You can see the current one on PCGS website. The closest in each division, which is judged by me, the contest czar, will win a very nice uncirculated and flashy Frankin half dollar, date my choice. If you are close, I may ward some other consolation prizes.

Post your guesses here, AND, post (or pm if you prefer) if you are a YN or newbie.

Contest ends on July 1, or earlier if they post the special earlier.

THE WINNERS ARE:

The YN's (a tie) gengk and notlogical

For the newbies:
Coinguy19, who had the best guess at Prez Bucks!

So, you three please pm me with your real names and addys, and I'll ship the prizes pronto!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Comments

• Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭
    Presidential Spouse Coins?
  • Options
    Does Weather11am win without competition?

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    One year types?
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Trade dollars
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    OK-pretty small pool of interested people for this giveaway!

• Options
    jmj3esqjmj3esq Posts: 5,421
    OK-pretty small pool of interested people for this giveaway!

Probably because the possibilities are nearly endless.

I will guess coins that have a "W" mintmark.

• Options
    I fall into the over 18 but still a newbie category... hmm I will guess:

1931 Lincoln Head Cents
    1914 Buffalo Nickels
    1921 Mercury Head Dimes
    1932 Washington Quarters
    1921 Walking Liberty Halves
    1928 Peace Dollars

If it is one guess per division I think my '32 washies have the most potential image

Thanks for the chance image
    First get the knowledge, then the coins.

imageimage
  • Options
    I'll enter the newb category and guess presidential spouse gold.
  • Options
    I'm a YN, and I'll guess proof presidential dollars and the gold spouse coins.

Thanks for the chance!
  • Options
    notlogicalnotlogical Posts: 2,235

<< <i>I'm a YN, and I'll guess proof presidential dollars and the gold spouse coins.
    >>

image That is quite logical.

Please enter me too. Thanks! image
    What Mr. Spock would say about numismatics...
    image... "Fascinating, but not logical"

"Live long and prosper"

My "How I Started" columns
  • Options
    I consider myself a newb and I'll guess.. Presidential dollars
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I'm most certainly a newbie and since I'd really like to win the franklin and have no idea what it could be. I'll guess Franklin Half dollars.
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    $10 gold coin

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Years in which the only issue was at a branch mint, for example:

1933-S Walking Liberty
    1916-S Saint
    1931-S Buffalo
    1938-D Buffalo

etc . . .
  • Options
    Sac Dollars
  • Options
    TTT for the 11th hour and weekend crew!

Cutoff will by midnight Sunday, July 1.

• Options
    Winners in 1st post.

• Options
    ooops
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    ooops +1
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file