Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Question about DLRC and auction reserves...

LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
Suppose there is a coin in DLRC's online auction and it has a reserve (undisclosed). Suppose that you put a bid on the coin. When the system takes your bid, do you immediately know if the reserve has been met? I just tried bidding on a coin and I gave it my highest and best bid. But then the system indicated that the reserve has not been met. I assume that even though I am the high bidder, I am still under the reserve amount. Does anyone know if DLRC discloses its reserves as the auction gets closer to the end?
Always took candy from strangers
Didn't wanna get me no trade
Never want to be like papa
Working for the boss every night and day
--"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Does anyone know if DLRC discloses its reserves as the auction gets closer to the end? >>

They post their reserves tomorrow evening( if you're referring to the auction ending Monday).
    You will recieve an e-mail at that time stating that you've been out-bid,and the reserve price will be posted.
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    KentuckyJKentuckyJ Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

Yes, DLRC jumps all bids prior to the auction end taking each unmet reserve to one bid below meeting the reserve. You'll see this happen on the lot you've bid.

KJ

• Options
    JBatDavidLawrenceJBatDavidLawrence Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These guys are exactly right. Friday night the reserves hit in and you'll find out. If you're curious beforehand, give us a call and we'll let you know if the reserve has already been entered in.
    Thanks!
    John B
    John Brush
    President of David Lawrence Rare Coins www.davidlawrence.com
    email: John@davidlawrence.com
    2022 ANA Dealer of the Year, Past Chair of NCBA (formerly ICTA), PNG Treasurer, Instructor at Witter Coin University, former Instructor/YN Chaperone ANA Summer Seminar, Coin World Most Influential, Curator of the D.L. Hansen Collection
  • Options
    John,

You guys run great weekly auctions, which I always look forward to.

I'm now eagerly awaiting today's mail delivery, hopefully, inccluding the two lots I bought from you in last week's. I'm always excited about recieving coins from DLRC! image
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    sometimes if you are close to the reserve they will lower the reserve and send you a message stating you are the high bidder. You can also cancel that bid if you want to by calling them after they send the message.
  • Options

<< <i>sometimes if you are close to the reserve they will lower the reserve and send you a message stating you are the high bidder. >>

I've had that happen to me.
    I was prepared to have the winning bid, but somebody came along and topped mine. image
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    Thanks for the compliments! And yes, you're right Jason, if the reserve does get lowered and you want to cancel the bid, we'll take care of it. Just give us a call.
    John Brush
    2022 ANA Dealer of the Year, Past Chair of NCBA (formerly ICTA), PNG Treasurer, Instructor at Witter Coin University, former Instructor/YN Chaperone ANA Summer Seminar, Coin World Most Influential, Curator of the D.L. Hansen Collection
  • Options
    RarityRarity Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭
    Does the Buy-It-Now prices at DLRC auction excluding the buyer fee ?
  • Options
    Hi, the buy-it-now prices are including the buyer's fee. So if you want one of those items go ahead and click buy-it-now, and that'll be the final price of the item plus shipping.
    Thanks for asking!
    John Brush
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Yes & DLRC gives established customers a certain % off on all internet purchases, excluding auctions.

Great bunch of guys. image
  • Options
    RarityRarity Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks JBDL for answering my question.

Today, there was a 2001 Capitol Visistor Center $5 PCGS-68DCAM ended on Ebay at $319 while a 1 grade higher coin (PCGS-69DCAM) has a BIN of $307 at DLRC's. People could have bought the coin in an instant at DLRC for less.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file