Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

UPDATED: Help with eBay feedback..Ernie's reply...pics added

DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭
Linky

OK I won the bid. I lke the price. I like the coin. Very nice condition for this date and OGP. Some nice golden to blue toning on the rim inward. But still some nice mirrors and cameo surfaces. Nice coin overall. I got the original plastic container but no brown box image

I'm fixing on keeping the coin and leaving Pos fb. But how do I communicate to the seller the fact that I won a brown box and it didn't ship?

BTW is this the "infamous" Ernie? image
"Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES

Comments

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,082 ✭✭✭
    I would email him before leaving feedback asking for the box. it clearly says in the listing that it comes with the box, and you are entitled to it. Let me know if you end up not getting one, I have one I'll send to you.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    You bought from Ernie Mix? image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>BTW is this the "infamous" Ernie? >>

Different Ernie. The other one is an okay seller who just tends to overgrade.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>You bought from Ernie Mix? image

Russ, NCNE >>

Exactly.

Good luck with that.
  • Options
    lathmachlathmach Posts: 4,720
    BTW is this the "infamous" Ernie?

Not "ernie", DieClash.
    Send the seller an email and tell him you didn't get the box and you would like himto send it to you.

Ray
  • Options

<< <i>You bought from Ernie Mix? image

Russ, NCNE >>

Yep!

I even did a search on that name and several connotation of it before bidding on eBay. I even use the Toolhaus.org website. Lot's of neutrals and a some negs. But lot's of happy satisfied buyer's too. I figured 16-bucks is not a huge risk on eBay and I wanted to complete my OGP Ike collection so I bit on the opportunity. Llike I said "nice price" but sometimes you get what you pay for. image

yeah, yeah "buy the coin, not the package" but the mint packaging does add some value. It lends originality and, if you will, a little "pedigree", wich interprets as "collector value" for me.

If there is a e.mix thread on these boards please point me to it!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • Options

<< <i>Lot's of neutrals and a some negs. >>

Some negs? He has hundreds of them. You don't get down to around 98% with his volume without really hosing a ton of customers. Oh, and all of his images are stock photos. It's luck of the draw that you got a nice coin.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I'm somewhat of a nascent eBayer. But there are some coins [OK cheap moderns] that just aren't available anywhere else for the price.

The Ike is fairly typical from what I've seen. I would love to have a pristine example the but toning doesn't diminish it too much. I will try to image it later on.

Thanks all for the feedback! I just sent Ernie Mix an email:

<< <i> Hi Ernie,
    I received my auction items today. Thank you for shipping promptly!
    The coins are nice. The '87 Mint set is in great condition.
    The '74S Ike PR is a very nice specimen for an original gov't packaged coin. There is some nice golden to light blue toning radiating from the rim working inward. There are also some very nice mirrors and cameo surfaces on the devices. Overall I like the coin.
    However, you may not know that while the Ike shipped in its OGP plastic, the brwon box was missing.
    The Item description clearly states that it is supposed to come with the brown box: "1974 S GEM SILVER EISENHOWER PROOF IN ORIGINAL PLASTIC HOLDER AND BROWN BOX AS ISSUED BY THE MINT."
    So while I am happy with the purchase I would be extremely satisfied to also have the original brown box as issued by the mint.
    I am positive this is just an administrative oversight. This detail has fallen through the cracks. Please ship the box at your earliest convenience.
    Regards,Kirk >>

• Options
    That is an excellent eMail. There are a lot of bidders who could take lessons from you.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Lot's of neutrals and a some negs. >>

Some negs? He has hundreds of them. You don't get down to around 98% with his volume without really hosing a ton of customers. Oh, and all of his images are stock photos. It's luck of the draw that you got a nice coin.

Russ, NCNE >>

Here's what Russ is commenting about: The Link will take a few moments to populate. 309 negs and 17,724 pos. on a volume of 37,657
  • Options
    300+ negs - you're lucky you got what you did!

Russ:
    Alex in Alaska
    Collecting Morgans in Any Grade
  • Options
    That is the funniest negative...image

Negative feedback rating
    Weird..sent me Enzyte instead of coin..tried to reach him by email....shady!!

Buyer krista1098( 24Feedback score is 10 to 49)
    Dec-29-06 06:44 120064760989
  • Options
    Ernie replied to my email today

<< <i> Hi Ernie,
    I received my auction items today. Thank you for shipping promptly!
    The coins are nice. The '87 Mint set is in great condition.
    The '74S Ike PR is a very nice specimen for an original gov't packaged coin. There is some nice golden to light blue toning radiating from the rim working inward. There are also some very nice mirrors and cameo surfaces on the devices. Overall I like the coin.
    However, you may not know that while the Ike shipped in its OGP plastic, the brwon box was missing.
    The Item description clearly states that it is supposed to come with the brown box: "1974 S GEM SILVER EISENHOWER PROOF IN ORIGINAL PLASTIC HOLDER AND BROWN BOX AS ISSUED BY THE MINT."
    So while I am happy with the purchase I would be extremely satisfied to also have the original brown box as issued by the mint.
    I am positive this is just an administrative oversight. This detail has fallen through the cracks. Please ship the box at your earliest convenience.
    Regards,Kirk >>

>>

<< <i>From: ERNIE MIX
    To: kirkclem
    Sent: Friday, March 30, 2007 9:17 AM
    Subject: RE: Message from eBay Member Regarding Item #120097826981

Sorry. Send me your address and I will forward the box.

ERNIE >>

• Options
    1974S Ike images. Sorry no brown box yet.

The first set of images is taken in direct sunlight with the coin at an oblique angle to capture the colors.

The second set of images is taken in artificial light. It shows the reflective quality of the mirrors. The plastic case has some obvious wear, with a big crack over the coin on the back.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Again Like Russ Says (I know Ernie, he is at the Milwaukee show today), he uses STOCK photos for proof/mint/ikes/ect... The coin you receive will not be the one pictured.
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Ernie buys all of these and throws the boxes away (I know ernie). He has stacks of them...
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    How can so many people bid on auctions with a seller that has so many negative feedbacks?

For the seller is it really worth not responding to e-mail to get negatives on a $10 item?
  • Options

<< <i>Ernie buys all of these and throws the boxes away (I know ernie). He has stacks of them... >>

Hey Marty, Ernie made good on his promise! I got my brown box today! image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file