Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The most ebay watchers you ever had

I once had over 25 watchers (and over 200 views) on an AU58 1919 SLQ. It was a nice coin, but nothing amazing. AU58 coins tend to grab the most watchers

whats the most watchers you ever had?

Comments

• Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had around two dozen on an off-metal US-Philippine centavo a couple months back.
    mirabela
  • Options
    I usally deal in musical gear. Had about 200 watchers on an old guitar we had.
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    I just sold a 1912 Matte Proof Lincoln on Sunday. Had 42 watchers and over 1,000 visits
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    I had 20 one time on a 1955 DDO Lincoln Cent.
  • Options
    planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭
    Over 70 on each 2006-W Platinum Uncirculated set I sold around Christmas.
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    I had 55 last week on a 1798 LC. Currently have 51 on a 1797 HC which has only been up since Sunday night.
  • Options
    ILikeMercsILikeMercs Posts: 1,392
    suprisingly, 41 watchers on the 1999-2006 silver proof sets w/ red box
    imageDo not taunt Happy Fun Ball image
  • Options
    62 watchers on the 2006 20th anniv silver set 2 weeks ago. and 300+ visits (and it was not featured listing)..
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    43 watchers and nobody started bidding until the last hour of the auction!
  • Options
    I have over 70+ watchers with over 1,600+ visits for a 10 day auction of a 2006 W Unc Plat Set PCGS MS70 I had up, last week.
  • Options
    Had 260 watchers and 4207 visits on the first plain edge Washington.

Chicago Ron
    imageimage
  • Options
    Now that is a market!
  • Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭

But it wasn't on a coin ... It was on the very first issue of Playboy magazine, December 1953 with Marilyn Monroe image

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    RodiusRodius Posts: 857
    I had a PCGS MS66 1954-S Jefferson that had over 100 watches and 600 views.

Top Pop 36/0 and only sold for $110. That's one of those sellers remorse coins.
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    115....it was for a 2006-P SAE reverse proof in PCGS PR70. Russ was selling it for me thru consignment. So, actually it was the highest ebay watcher count that Russ has ever had.
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    I had 90-something on my first Washington Dollar presale last week. Now there are more auctions out there and current auctions have 30-something each. --jerry
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>115....it was for a 2006-P SAE reverse proof in PCGS PR70. Russ was selling it for me thru consignment. So, actually it was the highest ebay watcher count that Russ has ever had. >>

Yep, it even beat a Gobrecht and a Continental Dollar I sold.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I had around 30+ watchers for my silver eagle RP auction a few weeks ago. Most ever (for me) if I'm not mistaken.
  • Options
    Watchers is really a meanless statistics. Many of those are not interesting in buying the item. Rather they are watching to see what it sales for. Also, many of buyers now use sniping using either software or webservice that never gets counted as a "watcher". Page hits certainly shows the number interested to at least look. But again, what percent are just browsing or "window shopping" and how many are seriously interested? Just my half cent on the topic.
    image Scottish Fold Gold
  • Options
    raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭
    I had about 50 watchers when I was selling my 2006 AGE unopened sets. I advertised here on the buy/sell boards and I'm sure there were many/most watching to see what their sets were worth by watching auctions I sold 5 sets and a single RP coin. Each time I had at least 50 if I remember correctly. Notice how I said I sold 5 sets. I only received the money for 2 sets. Deadbeat bidders. Each time it was wiht a feedback of less than 10. I don't remember how many visits, but, I know it was over the 50 number

I don't think the watchers numbers is a meaningless number. Granted, it doesn't show how many potential bidders there are per se. Usually there are many watching only to see how their investments are doing on a day to day basis. But, several of my bidders/winners were watchers. I know this by receiving E-mails from the potential buyers requesting more photos, details etc. They never bid until the last few seconds, either by snipping or fast reflexes. Yesterday I was slow and won an item with 6 seconds left. Getting old. Ray
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Watchers is really a meanless statistics. >>

I don't think it's completely meaningless, but I've never seen any real correlation between the number of watchers and the final value. I've had coins with very few sell for way more than I thought they would, and others with a ton of watchers bring weak money. There is one very good indicator, though - the number of eMail inquiries that come in. If you get a lot of questions, you can usually count on strong money.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I agree with KoinDawg...I watch some auctions just to see what certain coins are selling for with absolutely no intention of placing a bid. I think number of bidders and final sales price are the most important things to be concerned with!!
    TheZooKrew
    Morgan, modern sets, circulated Kennedys, and Wisconsin error leaf quarter Collector
    First (and only - so far) Official "You Suck" Award from Russ 2/9/07
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭
    I had around 30-35 on a Trade Dollar that I had up for sale once........

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 41 for a 1913-S 2-Feather No F Buffalo a while back...
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    gummibeargummibear Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    The most I have had is one I have up right now. It has 22 watchers. It is a nice AU58 1853 1/2¢.

1853 1/2¢ link
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    I've had close to 200 watchers on several items and that happened early on in the auction. Unfortunately it had no effect on the price. The item gets bid up to something close to what other items sell for early on and you think with that many watchers that it would get a few more bids but usually that price holds. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file