Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

If you want gold

CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
Buy it today and take advantage of the down spike. It'll likely gain back all of it's loss plus some in less than two days.

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But Clad - I am fresh out of money, and I have to save up another $20,000 to get one of each Mint product this year!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. The Mint just gets me after awhile.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    It will be interesting to see if the slowing global economies will hurt the value of Gold... Platinum maybe not so correlated, but if the dollar remains under pressure gold could go up even if the likely slowdown gets more traction, but if the dollar stabilizes gold probably has to retrace some of the gains for at least the time being. Of coures predictions on the precious metals market like the stock market are beyond mine and Joe Granvilles expertise. image
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Part of an article from Jim Sinclair's website today....Better hurry looks like golds fighting it's way back up and is down only $6.80 now.

Posted On: Monday, February 26, 2007, 7:00:00 PM EST

The Battle of the Titans

Author: Dan Norcini

Dear CIGA’s

What a titanic battle in the ancient metal of kings we are privileged to be witnessing in these days. You can see it in the ebb and flow of the price action during the day session in gold and even overnight to a certain extent.

Last evening, buyers came in during the Asian session and took it higher. As 2:00 AM CST time rolled around, the London market did its usual Western “let’s sell gold act” and took it down off the highs. It came into New York up slightly and then gathered more strength only to meet up with sellers attempting to do their normal “let’s take it down after the PM Fix thing”. The last full hour of trade saw the buyers return who forced the sellers back out after they had taken it down on the day. The buyers then held control over it going into the close. It was genuine see-saw action – a lot of what traders call, “two way action”.

It was interesting watching gold trying to figure out whether it wanted to follow crude oil up and down today or follow the euro up and down. Either way this market continues to percolate up as dip buyers keep coming in. I suspect COT will attempt to make another stand just below the 700 level as they did back near 680. They were able to hold that line for a while before the longs overpowered them and drove them off the hill and forced them to fall back to another strategic location.

That has been the pattern for gold throughout this entire bull market since 2001. The longs drive it north, COT gets driven back and overwhelmed; they make a stand at a higher level and are able to hold it in check for a while; the market retreats as longs liquidate and COT covers; then the longs come back and take it up another notch and the game begins all over again although at a higher and higher level each time. COT is slowly but steadily losing the battle for gold

• Options
    As always, it is my opinion, that the average collector is best off buying in a steady manner. When it comes time to sell do the same. Buying into fast markets is not a game for amateurs. (A fast market is one where the price is changing rapidly, and today gold shows a low of $674, a high of $683, current $681). At the low it might very well be a good buy, but it is less than 2% off yesterday's price and higher than the price ten days ago. For long termers buying in small amounts these little fluctuations won't make any difference.

Someone posted the ten year charts parallelling the current gold run up to the one that took the market to 800. If gold follows the same track, a correction to $500 is in the cards. I'm not saying that this will happen, but it is possible. Someone who loads up today, committing reserves at a relatively high price, might be very sorry if this scenario pans out. Again, the average collector loses when timing the markets, often losing big time. Buying on a one-day 1% dip falls into the category of trying to time the market and is not worth pursuing for the average person.

• Options
    Too late, it's gained nearly all of it's down spike back already. Would have made for a nice buying opportunity.
  • Options
    Woop, now it's really too late. It's up over what it started at today.
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    Man, that yellow metal is exceptionally frisky today.
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Odd, as the dollar fell today. Normally when the dollar falls gold raises as it got cheaper in Euros.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Buy it today and take advantage of the down spike. It'll likely gain back all of it's loss plus some in less than two days. >>

Quite right, Cladiator.....you have great 'golden' wisdom!!!!

Quamnet

Bloomberg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file