Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Why the added value for "sealed" 2006 W ASE

I don't understand the added value for a sealed box of 2006 W uncirculated ASE's. Is there some special designation available.

See the eBay link: ebay

Comments

• Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These sets must be sent to Pcgs or Ngc in sealed boxes in order to be graded as 20th anniversary sets due to the fact that the regular proof coin and the mint state coin were available seperately from the mint.If you send an opened set in for grading the reverse proof is the only coin that will be labeled as 20th anniversary because that is the only way it was sold.image
    Trade $'s
  • Options
    But this for the uncirculated ASE not the 20th anniversary set. I don't think you can get a 20th anniversary designation for this coin by itself.
  • Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're right about that box not being the 20th anniv.sets,I didn't look at it close enough.I really don't know why those sold for so much unless you can get first strike designation or whoever bought those thought they were bidding on the three piece sets because thats about what they have been going for a set of 5.
    Trade $'s
  • Options
    that baffles my mind... either there's shill bidding going on or I'm misreading something ... even in a sealed box they shouldn't go for more then $100 each, certainly not over $200
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously someone is mis-informed or confused or shilling about what they are really bidding on.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    I agree, it is pretty misleading, at 1st I thought it was the anniversary sets. It is up to $300 per coin or close.

• Options
    they are doing it because they don't want picked over coins, 2006 w unc ngc ms70 are selling for 350-400 each..........................
    this one just ended...110090501721
  • Options
    They would have to get all five graded MS70 to do better than break even.
  • Options
    I'd guess that the bidders think this is a box of 5 20th Anniversary sets. Someone will be disappointed.
    “When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” — Benjamin Franklin

My icon IS my coin. It is a gem 1949 FBL Franklin.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Yikes that auction ended at 1400.00 .................

private auction, ..................

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    $280 each????? Graded MS69 coins are selling for under $100. A fool and his money.........

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file