Home U.S. Coin Forum

Another annoying email from Heritage

After winning a few coins last Sunday in a Heritage sale it appears I am already past due. I have not got an invoice or the coins buy they are already charging me interest.

What is wrong with this story?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: It is nice to see they acted really fast to fix this.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.

Comments

• RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call them up and ask them. I would call them for you, but my wife is using the phone.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently they are very "interested" in doing business with you. image
    theknowitalltroll;

• << <i>After winning a few coins last Sunday in a Heritage sale it appears I am already past due. I have not got an invoice or the coins buy they are already charging me interest.

What is wrong with this story? >>

The only way I can think of to resolve this is for you to post this complaint on as many chatrooms as possible - even those unrelated to coins - until someone from Heritage (or one of their relatives) sees one and calls you.
  • FinallyHereFinallyHere Posts: 821 ✭✭✭
    The only way I can think of to resolve this is for you to post this complaint on as many chatrooms as possible - even those unrelated to coins - until someone from Heritage (or one of their relatives) sees one and calls you.

I could not have said this better myself!!! Why, o'why, is it not only accepted but seemingly necessary to vent these types of issues here in a public forum? I just don't get it? I'm 100% certain this is a simple error with a simple fix corrected with a simple phone call.

However, another way of looking at this is that it's always better when you're treated like a prospect than a client. After all, if you're a prospect everybody loves you but once you're a client...well, you're just a client image
    Mike Printz
    Harlan J. Berk, Ltd.
    https://hjbltd.com/#!/department/us-coins
  • TrimeTrime Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭
    Call them. I did so recently explaining their billing department was more efficient than their shiipping department. They were polite, accomodating and apologetic; within a day I got both a phone call from management and my coins.
    Heritage has gotten to be a very big operation but they want to and have a vested interest in satisfying their clients. Of course, it is always a 2 way street.
    Trime
  • LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>After winning a few coins last Sunday in a Heritage sale it appears I am already past due. I have not got an invoice or the coins buy they are already charging me interest. What is wrong with this story? >>

The only way I can think of to resolve this is for you to post this complaint on as many chatrooms as possible - even those unrelated to coins - until someone from Heritage (or one of their relatives) sees one and calls you. >>

• ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭
    Main Entry: sar·casm
    Pronunciation: 'sär-"ka-z&m
    Function: noun
    Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwar&s- to cut
    1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance
    2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm
  • I just PM'd seateddime to email me directly so we could get this resolved right away for him.

===
    Gregory J. Rohan
    President
    HERITAGE AUCTION GALLERIES
    3500 Maple Avenue, 17th floor
    Dallas, Texas 75219-3941
    Phone: 214-528-3500 / 800-872-6467/ Private fax: 214-528-2596
    Email to: Greg@HA.com
    Greg Rohan
    President
    HERITAGE AUCTIONS
    3500 Maple Avenue
    Dallas, Texas 75219-3941
    Phone: 214-528-3500 / Private fax: 214-409-1596
    Email to: Greg@HA.com
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>After winning a few coins last Sunday in a Heritage sale it appears I am already past due. I have not got an invoice or the coins buy they are already charging me interest.

What is wrong with this story? >>

The only way I can think of to resolve this is for you to post this complaint on as many chatrooms as possible - even those unrelated to coins - until someone from Heritage (or one of their relatives) sees one and calls you. >>

Excellent!!!!
    And it worked!
    Can you imagine any other company in the world where the President will find a complaint on a chatroom and contact the person to resolve it? That's the kind of incredible customer service that Tom Peters used to write about in his management books.

I was being sarcastic and thought that seateddime should call Heritage and work it out, but apparently that will not be necessary.
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Can you imagine any other company in the world where the President will find a complaint on a chatroom and contact the person to resolve it? That's the kind of incredible customer service that Tom Peters used to write about in his management books. >>

I'm sure there are a few, but not many. And that's another thing I love about these boards. Everyone from the person filling in penny boards and collecting state quarters to owners of the 1913 nickel, to vest pocket "wannabe" dealers to dealers and executives of some of the largest and most prestigious coin dealing firms in the country -- and everything in between -- are all represented here.

This thread started not long after another mea culpa thread concerning Teletrade and the quality of a coin received. That reached resolution after someone from Teletrade contacted a dissatisfied individual and offered to take the coin back for a full refund...even though the first they apparently heard from the customer was the rant on the boards.

Would this be a good time to strongly urge people to try to work out their differences and dissatisfaction with dealers, trading partners, et cetera privately before lambasting them on the boards and give them a chance to resolve it in good faith? I know that if I were in on a deal with someone to buy or (more likely) sell a coin and they weren't happy with the way the deal went down, I'd be rather upset if they chose to rip into me on the boards without making any effort to contact me and give me a chance to make it right.
  • I received a call from Heritage regarding a past auction as well. Apparently they are not mailing invoices anymore but relying on electronic invoices or those posted under the "My Invoices" section of the website.

Don't know if this helps.
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Can you imagine any other company in the world where the President will find a complaint on a chatroom and contact the person to resolve it? >>

Little tiny companies maybe, but not giants like Heritage.

Russ, NCNE

<< <i>I just PM'd seateddime to email me directly so we could get this resolved right away for him. >>

Just a heads up, Greg. You don't have your PM function enabled so, while he can receive the PM you sent, any response from him will vanish in to the ether.

Russ, NCNE
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heritage is a huge company and you are essentially dealing with a bureaucracy. That's why I no longer buy from them.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• just PM'd seateddime to email me directly so we could get this resolved right away for him.

===
    Gregory J. Rohan
    President
    HERITAGE AUCTION GALLERIES

Wow!! Just goes to show you never know who may be lurking in the shadows. Actually, that was a very nice jester, and speaks highly of Heritage, IMO. On the other hand, if you've got a beef with an individual or a company, take it to them FIRST.

A
    "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore"

My Registry Sets

<< <i>Heritage is a huge company and you are essentially dealing with a bureaucracy. That's why I no longer buy from them. >>

Did you just wake up?

<< <i>Actually, that was a very nice jester >>

Russ, NCNE
  • Don't they charge 10% a week in interest? I know it's outrageous!

<< <i>

<< <i>Heritage is a huge company and you are essentially dealing with a bureaucracy. That's why I no longer buy from them. >>

Did you just wake up? >>

Not sure what you mean. Just got tired of straightening out their screw ups. The last time I dealt with them I bought several Saints which they sent to me on approval. I called them when they came and told them to put them on my credit card as I usually do. After several billing cycles I had to call them to remind them that they never put the charge through!!!

"Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• << <i>

<< <i>Can you imagine any other company in the world where the President will find a complaint on a chatroom and contact the person to resolve it? That's the kind of incredible customer service that Tom Peters used to write about in his management books. >>

I'm sure there are a few, but not many. And that's another thing I love about these boards. Everyone from the person filling in penny boards and collecting state quarters to owners of the 1913 nickel, to vest pocket "wannabe" dealers to dealers and executives of some of the largest and most prestigious coin dealing firms in the country -- and everything in between -- are all represented here.

This thread started not long after another mea culpa thread concerning Teletrade and the quality of a coin received. That reached resolution after someone from Teletrade contacted a dissatisfied individual and offered to take the coin back for a full refund...even though the first they apparently heard from the customer was the rant on the boards.

Would this be a good time to strongly urge people to try to work out their differences and dissatisfaction with dealers, trading partners, et cetera privately before lambasting them on the boards and give them a chance to resolve it in good faith? I know that if I were in on a deal with someone to buy or (more likely) sell a coin and they weren't happy with the way the deal went down, I'd be rather upset if they chose to rip into me on the boards without making any effort to contact me and give me a chance to make it right. >>

Well said, Ziggy!

The OP should edit his title,... perhaps to "Another annoying whinning thread"! image
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    I was not looking to complain just vent and see if other had the same issue but am impressed how quickly someone got a hold of me.

• seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Would this be a good time to strongly urge people to try to work out their differences and dissatisfaction with dealers, trading partners, et cetera privately before lambasting them on the boards and give them a chance to resolve it in good faith? I know that if I were in on a deal with someone to buy or (more likely) sell a coin and they weren't happy with the way the deal went down, I'd be rather upset if they chose to rip into me on the boards without making any effort to contact me and give me a chance to make it right. >>

Ziggy - PM sent

<< <i>

<< <i>

Did you just wake up? >>

Not sure what you mean. Just got tired of straightening out their screw ups. The last time I dealt with them I bought several Saints which they sent to me on approval. I called them when they came and told them to put them on my credit card as I usually do. After several billing cycles I had to call them to remind them that they never put the charge through!!! >>

I mean that you seemed somehow to have missed the fact that the President of the company was just here personally addressing a problem with a customer. That's pretty much the opposite of what you'd expect from a bureaucracy, isn't it?
  • I believe most coin companies who have been doing business for a few years have to be good in order to last that long. It is all about trust and service. I saw a lot of high fliers come and go. When the Status of Liberty gold coins first came out, their prices went skyrocketing and this BIG coin company was buying everything on the market. We sold them a few of the gold coins and received a check from them and the check bounced. It was just unbelievable. On the other hand, I purchased an ASE that had spots on it from ebay, the dealer not only refunded the whole purchase price but also paid for my return postage. So I believe most reputable dealers are honest people who are trying to make a living.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Did you just wake up? >>

Not sure what you mean. Just got tired of straightening out their screw ups. The last time I dealt with them I bought several Saints which they sent to me on approval. I called them when they came and told them to put them on my credit card as I usually do. After several billing cycles I had to call them to remind them that they never put the charge through!!! >>

I mean that you seemed somehow to have missed the fact that the President of the company was just here personally addressing a problem with a customer. That's pretty much the opposite of what you'd expect from a bureaucracy, isn't it? >>

I guess you never heard of damage control. image

• OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    You call it damage control...I call it customer service.
    Which SHOULD be reached by calling customer service. Hence the name.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file