Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Now I know the end is near for the coin bull market.

RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
I got a spam eMail today from some outfit called WallStreet CoinBuyers. They're paying more money than "any other coin dealer in the world".

They even have the expected cheesy web site.

Russ, NCNE

Comments

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    The good thing is that these outfits usually only care about the number on the slab, and not so much the quality of the coin relative to the stated grade. Let the investors and speculators buy all the maxxed-out Peter Principle coins.
  • Options
    planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭
    They also have a blatant rip-off of the most respected name in the grading industry. In fact, they don't even bother to explain what "DCGS" stands for.

Now that they mention it though, I am tired of paying safe deposit box fees. What better reason to liquidate my entire collection?
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Featured on their front page is a DCGS MS67PL Delaware State Quarter image
  • Options
    kalshaconkalshacon Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    "DCGS", kudos for their originality.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Featured on their front page is a DCGS MS67PL Delaware State Quarter image >>

That's when you know they're not just some pump-and-dump boiler room, but also one with very questionable ethics.
  • Options

<< <i>Now that they mention it though, I am tired of paying safe deposit box fees. What better reason to liquidate my entire collection? >>

Yeah, I thought that was a rather lame enticement to sell. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I like the slab though. It looks like bulletproof glass.
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    More coin crooks seem to come from Floriduh than anywhere else.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought Wall Street was in New York? There address is Florida.

As bad as those Salsa ads.image
  • Options
    Misspellings and bad grammar. Sure signs of a great web site and a future power house in numismatics - not!image

Worse yet - they don't even have a clue of the business. MS67PL Delaware quarter!?!?!?!?image
    Spare your best friend's life!! Adopt an adult dog at your local "kill" animal shelter. You will be changed.
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    I like how the 3d holders stand up, so you can display all of your accurately graded state quarters... image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't seen DCGS in years...

If they had a public email address, I'd have some fun with them...
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    Reading the paragraph Our Mission, they mention
    "distinctive collectibles" Maybe DCGS stands for
    Distinctive Collectibles Gold Silver .
    PS-- if they pay 8.2X for 90% , and I pay 8.3X
    at my next show , is that false advertising?
    Should I call them on that?
    Home of quality widgets
  • Options

<< <i>Haven't seen DCGS in years...

If they had a public email address, I'd have some fun with them... >>

Can't find an email address for them but found this:

TIM RYGH
    1112 WESTON RD
    WESTON, FL 33326
    (561) 487-9955

same address as the website.
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Where oh where is that great leader of lawyers, that dapper defender of collectors rights, that giant among fellow miamians, C-H-U-C-K L-I-P-C-O-N when ya need him?

• Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭
    And according tom the website, the holder is covered by a patent.

Here are two with Seligman et al. listed as inventors:

'546

'227
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For years (or decades) there have been buyers advertising in the back of Coin World claiming to be the highest buyer. In fact probably none of them are, therefore they too are liars. Certainly not a sign of a market top. Dealers like this come and go in all types of markets, and rarely are they the highest, or even a strong buyer of anything. But I'm sure they offer strong buy-backs on their "DCGS" Delaware state quarters.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options

<< <i>. But I'm sure they offer strong buy-backs on their "DCGS" Delaware state quarters.

roadrunner >>

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, enough typos to make you cringe. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, the unaware will be hurt by them at some point. Maybe not many, certainly no one who spends time here. But someone will fall for their line.
  • Options

<< <i>Haven't seen DCGS in years...

If they had a public email address, I'd have some fun with them... >>

they do have a public email just add webmaster or info to @wallstreetcoinbuyers.com.......

if the address is not valid it will get dumped into a "catch all" wallstreetcoinbuyers.com mail box......

AL
  • Options
    DCGS=Dumb Company Grading Service
  • Options
    Now this spammer just tried a telemarketing call. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    I can't believe that they don't proofread their website.
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options

<< <i>I can't believe that they don't proofread their website. >>

I'll bet the Florida State Attorney General will , although that great great litigator, that savior of the collector, that lawyer among lawyers, Chuck LipCon would do an even better job. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file