Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

POLL: How much did you spend this year at the mint? Over $1.4 MILLION in responses!

claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
For people who ordered from the mint, how much did you spend in 2006? You can just answer the poll if you want to keep your personal affairs confidential.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    You forgot the zero option.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Hi Russ! Nice avatar! But my question is for people that actually ordered things - and I know of no free coins this year!image

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero.

Same as in 2005.

Same as planned for 2007.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zip

Sometimes the dragon wins

• Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the option for zilch, nada, zippo? image
  • Options
    prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    zero, zilch, nada

• Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    wow! who spend over 100k
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if I sell it all before yearend?
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    I voted "Under $100", but I think there should be a category with "$0".
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Nothing from the mint, but I did buy a proof ASE and p[romptly ruined it with spray air.image

coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proof Platinum half oz
    2006 Mint set
    2006 proof set
    Four 20th anniversary sets
    Two 2006 "Westward Journey" sets

About $1300.00, I think. I had spent about $4,000.00 in 2005, but the re-release of the 2005 Silver Proof sets scared me off this year. I also returned 6 20th Anniversary sets.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    No "0" option here - the poll is just for people who actually ordered stuff. I'll make another poll with YES or NO (i.e. $0) to actually ordering any of these coins.

• Options
    I'm not afraid to admit the fact that I am subscribed to 7 different items from the Mint. I order two of a few different Proof Sets, commeratives, amongst others! I have to keep up where My Dad left off before He passed awaw 11 years ago. He would have wanted it that way!image
    imageCollector Of All U.S. Gold Coinage!
    Antique Soda Bottles And Antique Soda Related
    Advertising, and many other collectables!
    Life is too short, I might as well buy Gold while I'm still around!image
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    zero
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No "0" option here - the poll is just for people who actually ordered stuff. I'll make another poll with YES or NO (i.e. $0) to actually ordering any of these coins. >>

I also needed the "0" option.
    Same budget for next year too. image

-------------

etexmike
  • Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only voted less than $100 because I spent nothing this year at the mint.

I've decided to not collect the silver proof sets and have begun selling everything previously purchased from the mint, save a few things from my wedding year (2000).
    Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • Options
    ...About $160 bucks and shipping for 4 Silver proof sets.

Freak image
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nothing from the mint, but I did buy a proof ASE and p[romptly ruined it with spray air.image

image >>

Ouch! (Says the wallet)

• Options

<< <i>You forgot the zero option.

Russ, NCNE >>

Nothing.

Ray
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    44 years of collecting and I've NEVER bought from the mint. Don't ever intend to. The whole concept just doesn't quite do anything for me.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a bought smoe ASE sets intending to sell them on ebay...if that counts.
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't waste my time even looking at mint available coins, much less spend good money on them.image
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

We need a "Zero" option.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    Zip for me, However my Patricia spent under $150.00
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    The zero people are quite vocal. My question is why did you stop at $150k?
  • Options
    I spent a lot. However, I sold every coin I bought within a couple of weeks, so I own none of them.
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    First year I have spent any money at the Mint. Bought the SF Mint commems, but not as coins, just as a waste of money.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    zennyzenny Posts: 1,549

<< <i>The zero people are quite vocal. My question is why did you stop at $150k? >>

lol

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like a prison sentence: 5 to 10 image
  • Options
    Can't afford it anymore. They broke me.
    image Monster Wavy Steps Rule! - 1999, WSDDR-015, 1999P-1DR-003 - 2 known
    My EBay Store/Auctions
  • Options
    0, nadda, nothing........

AL

• Options
    144 answers so far!

• Options
    GeminiGemini Posts: 3,085
    The last time I bought something from the Mint it was 20 years ago? It was a $50 dollar gold proof. It has a Roman numeral date I think it was 1987. A pretty coin...or should I say an expensive piece of bullion crapola. image
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • Options
    If all the answers are real, there is over $1.4 MILLION spent by forum readers!

• Options
    Anybody else?

• Options

<< <i>The zero people are quite vocal. My question is why did you stop at $150k? >>

Just keep voting in increments until you reach your total...
  • Options
    $1.4 million?
    That's chump change for a real dealer like Laura. image

Ray
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    Just my standard yearly proof set and uncirc set. Nothing more.
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file