Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Ladies and Germs, we have a new MAJOR playa' in the Silver Roosies...

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
This is a great start to something special.

Way to go Dan60!!!

Link to Dan60's new set

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Now for the rest of the story.
    What Paul isn't telling is he sent me, as a gift, one of the TWO dimes that make up this set. We talk often over the phone about many areas of coin collecting, mostly Roosie talk of course. He asked why I didn't have a silver Roosevelt set. I told him I wanted to finish my clads before getting distracted on something else. I mentioned that I had only one silver, a blue toned coin that I bought from a forum member on the BST forum. A few days later a package came with a 1951 MS66FB Bank Of Omaha coin, and a note saying Merry Christmas, now start that set.
    So low and behold, I now find myself checking the silver & clads on the BST, teletrade and ebay. Thanks Paul, for the coin, but more so for your friendship.
    Dan
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    It's a start. Good luck on the rest of the set. It should be a lot of fun.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to go Dan!image

Welcome to the dance!imageimage

Jon
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul is an incredibly generous guy. It's probably to his disadvantage that he is so kind because he likely keeps more people interested in and competing for the dimes he so loves!

Mark
    Mark

• Options
    Dan, I am sending off to PCGS today a blinding white FB 1953. It has an MS68+ obverse and a 66+ reverse. I am hoping it goes 67FB.

I would like to donate it to your set as well. All I ask in return is that you donate $2000 to me. Just call me Mr. generous!image
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Way to go Paul. image
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to Roosieville!image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options

<< <i>Paul is an incredibly generous guy. It's probably to his disadvantage that he is so kind because he likely keeps more people interested in and competing for the dimes he so loves!

Mark >>

Don't forget Mark, I have a coin for you if you want it. Just PM me your addy and its in the mail! image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

<< <i>Now for the rest of the story.
    What Paul isn't telling is he sent me, as a gift, one of the TWO dimes that make up this set. We talk often over the phone about many areas of coin collecting, mostly Roosie talk of course. He asked why I didn't have a silver Roosevelt set. I told him I wanted to finish my clads before getting distracted on something else. I mentioned that I had only one silver, a blue toned coin that I bought from a forum member on the BST forum. A few days later a package came with a 1951 MS66FB Bank Of Omaha coin, and a note saying Merry Christmas, now start that set.
    So low and behold, I now find myself checking the silver & clads on the BST, teletrade and ebay. Thanks Paul, for the coin, but more so for your friendship. >>

Now for MY side of the story:

Dan sticks me with all of those long distance charges and I can't buy any coins because I have to pay my phone bill. imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Seriously I call him as he loves to be called at 1AM! EST!

Somehow I ended up with 2 1951's

Later, Paul

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    Dan, congrats on entering the "early" years of Rosy's.......stay away from the pretty toned coins and rainbowroosie will be your friend for life!
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!