Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Finally completed a registry set

This is a lame post b/c there're no pics and this set is not even close to sets you usually see on this board, but decided to post anyway as I have that feeling of accomplishment mixed w/ relief.

Anyway, been workin on this Morgan CC Set for a while now and finally plugged in the last piece after being out bid a frustrating 2 times on 79cc's. The set is pretty well matched and the emphasis is on cameo (except of course for the 89 which is nowhere near PL).

I almost upgraded the 89 to an EF a year or so ago, but I honestly liked the look of my VF much better. When I purchased this 89 a few years back it was the biggest coin in my collection at the time. I had been seriously collecting for maybe 6 months and didn't know too much about grading. Bought it raw from a dealer (who I still do business w/) for F money; needlessly to say that transaction worked out well, and the 89 was my favorite coin for a long time. She's still one of my faves and i don't think I'll sell her.

I think my next move is to have some pictures taken. Either PCGS or someone local. Round trip shipping to PCGS will be a bear, perhaps if i make it to FUN, I'll pass them off then; or maybe find someone locally to snap some pics.

Thanks for lookin.

Comments