Link
I brake for ear bars.

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you sir, may I have another?
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard earned money is spent on education. I have a feeling that either a great numismatist is on the horizon or someone is going to have to get a part-time job (hopefully at PCGS) to help pay the tuition.
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    Just browsing some of those public invoices really makes me feel better about my own.
  • Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's gotta hurt... I wonder about the '94-O and the '94-S...ouch!
    Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    I have heard of collectors with bad eyes,

but this poor soul must be legally blind.

Since he or she has paid dearly for an education,

I hope they took good notes and listened in class.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    Reason #26 why PCGS should not accept direct submissions from the public.
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Reason #26 why PCGS should not accept direct submissions from the public. >>

Yeah try telling that to their share holders image
  • Options
    lkrarecoinslkrarecoins Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭
    Wow, this guy batted .170....Well, that's better than A-Rod in the playoffs!!!!!
    In Loving Memory of my Dad......My best friend, My inspiration, and My Coin Collecting Partner

"La Vostra Nonna Ha Faccia Del Fungo"
  • Options
    rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a new and uninformed collector went to a coin show and purchased raw coins from any random dealer's table, these submission results would likely be typical. This is just a comment on the usual quality level of uncertified coins encountered at shows, not dealer bashing.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,485 ✭✭✭✭
    Youch!

Well, at least it was a QUICK Youch! Imagine having to wait 30 days for that outcome?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn!image
  • Options
    jmj3esqjmj3esq Posts: 5,421
    I saw that. Poor people.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Two things you got to know when you

buy raw coins.

1. You have to know that the dealer is legit and honorable.

2. You have to know how to grade and spot coins that have
    been whizzed, polished or severly cleaned. Also be aware of
    rim dings or intrusive scratches or cuts on the coin.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    CalGoldCalGold Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    Look through the grade results and you wil find that most are full of body bags and coins that are worth less than the grading fee. Most interesting submission I saw was 20 chop marked trade $1 grading as high as MS64. Then there was a High Relief $20 that was not genuine--wonder what that guy paid for it.

CG
  • Options
    numismanumisma Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭

That 80-O in AU-50 was a nice score.

• Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭✭
    At least it slabbed. I wonder if the submitter of that package sent them as express service. That'd be pretty expensive.
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Probably a lot of Choice BU coins from a Coin World full-page ad dealer. The 62 was obviously a mistake!
  • Options
    lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow, this guy batted .170....Well, that's better than A-Rod in the playoffs!!!!! >>

Not to pick on this guy, but I suspect he batted 0.

It is unclear whether he paid the $30 or $50 fee, but I doubt he submitted the 79-s thinking it would come back 62. He probably hoped for 65. As for the 80-o in au50, I'm clueless.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • Options
    headsplitter2headsplitter2 Posts: 461 ✭✭✭
    I thinks someone @ pcgs is feeling postal.
    I cracked a MS63 buffalo for their freebie to have it graded damaged/tooling.
    I hope it's the same coin I sent. Ihaven't received it back yet.
    "Only 2 things are certain
    Death and Taxes" ~~ Ben Franklin
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/u-s-coins/mint-sets/1945-mint-set/publishedset/21067
    Knutson's 45' Set 2009 Winner
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Probably a lot of Choice BU coins from a Coin World full-page ad dealer. The 62 was obviously a mistake! >>

It was prolly a pity grade image
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,485 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Two things you got to know when you

buy raw coins.

1. You have to know that the dealer is legit and honorable.

2. You have to know how to grade and spot coins that have
    been whizzed, polished or severly cleaned. Also be aware of
    rim dings or intrusive scratches or cuts on the coin. >>

I totally agree with you bear and both those things are on the top of my todo list! I thought I knew about the hairlines and crap but under the wrong lighting, they are very difficult to spot and I have some to prove it! image Fortunately, they were not high dollar whatzits!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pretty weak............
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    zennyzenny Posts: 1,549
    Is it possible that if he'd slipped the two good coins into the middle of the submission he would have batted 1.000?!?!?!?
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow, this guy batted .170....Well, that's better than A-Rod in the playoffs!!!!! >>

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file