Home Metal Detecting
Options

Check out this dog license

relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
One of my favorite finds.

Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions

Comments

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    Nice, didn't think rover had to be licensed way back when
  • Options
    Very cool.
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Very cool find Relicsncoins!!

Maybe DemoDigger will pop up a few that he found last summer from the 1800's.HH,Tom
  • Options
    ask and you shall receive. i dug 5 dog licences all dated 1897, stuck together on a ring. they were so dirty at the time, i thought they were spark plug gappers. but any good detectorist would/will clean everything, cause you just don't know for sure.
  • Options
    i just recognized who relicsncoins is. hey post some pheonix buttons next. you and i hunted chrissy field many years back. it was the day the ranger came by and took our ID's. hahahaha
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,041 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your fingerprints are now on file.
    https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>One of my favorite finds. >>

And rightly so. The oldest one I've dug was from 1946.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> it was the day the ranger came by and took our ID's. hahahaha >>

Hoo boy. That happened to me and a dig buddy, once, on a site we thought was legal to hunt (I'd hunted it in the 1970s, and the local cops said it was OK, but the ranger guy had different ideas).

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i just recognized who relicsncoins is. hey post some pheonix buttons next. you and i hunted chrissy field many years back. it was the day the ranger came by and took our ID's. hahahaha >>

Yep, that was me. You and Tom get out much anymore?
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    Demodigger......do you have an explanation as to why so many of the coins, etc that you find in that area, come out in such horrible condition? They are great finds for sure, but I am amazed at how poorly they are when dug...
  • Options
    i have'nt hunted with in a long time. our off times never align. he's still as lucky as ever.

the area where these finds came from, were from a very large dump. it was a site of a now famous 1906 SF earthquake dump. the project actually got written up in a local paper. when the quake hit, much of the city was on fire. SF was ruined and the debris had to go somewhere. the southern pacific RR agreed to take the material and dump it in various locations in the bay area. 2 locations are in my hometown of san jose. the 1st day of groundbreaking, i got in. at the time no one knew for sure what this property would contain. it came clear shortly afterwards. my first night i got a barber quarter and canadian halfdime.

in the 3-4 months that we were permitted to hunt there, dozens of people came out for detecting and bottle digging. many would just walk and 'eyeball" things. this was the biggest and most productive site many of us will ever see in our lifetimes. hundreds of indian cents and tokens where found. many barber halves, quarters and dimes where dug. 2 morgan dollars were found( 1 being found by myself) and 1 $20 gold was dug. in all i think we only touched a very small pecentage of the total amount possible. the workers moved dirt daily and in some areas it was extremely deep. you could walk all day long and dig nothing newer than 1906. i hunted there every single day for 3 months. for some, i dug a lifetimes worth of coins and tokens. i posted all the finds last year, but here is a pic of some of my coins dug there.