Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Which Happens First, $500.00 Gold or $700.00 Gold?

Some say gold is now heading back to $450.00-$500.00, some say it bottomed this week and is going back to the highs, what do you think??

Comments

• Options
    RarityRarity Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭✭
    $500 Gold
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    600.00 ...................image
  • Options
    ledzep87ledzep87 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    I do not think it will go any lower than $560.
    Great transaction with: Relaxn, Collectorcoins, OKCC
  • Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭

<< <i>I do not think it will go any lower than $560. >>

Ok......but would you have guessed it would've hit the $570's when it was recently just $730.00 ??
  • Options
    $600 gold
    "Sometimes we don't know just what to do when adversity takes over." -- Cannonball Adderley
  • Options
    i'm thinking that gold will go up 5%-7% from here in the short term...if the democrats win a house in november then it will probably drop to $500... btw, i just bought GLD at $58 and i'll probably sell it during the next two weeks at $62-$63...if all goes as planned :-)
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    525-540 gold before 1000 an ounce on or before 2012
  • Options
    500 B4 700
    "Everyday above ground is a good day"

• Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    $500
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Looks like it following gas prices. $2.57 regular now in Balitmore.
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    $700 by the end of the year.
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully 300.00 gold before 700.image
    Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold will never hit $500 again. It will get down to the equivalent of $500 in inflation
    adjusted terms in about sixteen or eighteen years. It should have years of strenght
    and then more years of drifting higher.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    We're moving into a typical seasonal period of a strong cycle for metals. I really don't care what happen in 6 months or a year or two the real winner are holding out for around 2010-2012 IMO.
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭
    Gold will bottom out at $545.00.............

TorinoCobra71

• Options

<< <i>Yes. >>

Absolutely........!!!
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no less than $675 by yr end...........
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    carlcarl Posts: 2,054
    Soon, very soon the old story of Alchemy making Gold out of Lead may be a reality. They can now make Diamonds, change many elements into isotopes which are similar but not the same. Soon they will be making Gold, Silver, etc. It may be possible now but the economy wouldn't allow it. Note that Nuclear reactions already change some elements into others. Hydrogen bombs turn H into He as an example.
    It may not be much longer until gold is used to make toy soldiers due to being safer than Lead and cheaper.
    Carl
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Soon, very soon the old story of Alchemy making Gold out of Lead may be a reality. They can now make Diamonds, change many elements into isotopes which are similar but not the same. Soon they will be making Gold, Silver, etc. It may be possible now but the economy wouldn't allow it. Note that Nuclear reactions already change some elements into others. Hydrogen bombs turn H into He as an example.
    It may not be much longer until gold is used to make toy soldiers due to being safer than Lead and cheaper. >>

Humm, must be rustly on my basic elements I didn't know that a diamond was a base element like gold. Next thing you know they'll throw away the color chart for mixing colors to make others.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They can now make Diamonds >>

That's been possible for quite some time. The problem is that the cost of producing anything better than industrial grade stones exceeds that of natural stones.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    It is quite possible to make diamonds from...peanuts..aka.. carbon
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    stephunterstephunter Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭
    I think 800 before 500.
  • Options
    I hope it goes down so I can buy more.
  • Options

Actually I read about some dudes back east who made a step-advance in the diamond-growing technology. They were growing some decent carat rocks with great clarity. By 2020 I bet they're no big deal.
  • Options
    expect gold to hit $542/oz
    they buy as much as you can and hold for the long term.
    inflation is not going away, nor is personal or governmental debt
    printing presses make the dollar worth less each day
    tiiiiiiiiimmmmmmme is on my sideeeeeeeeeeeeeee yes it isssssss

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file