With all this lasering and doctoring, I'm seriously done with numismatics

2»

Comments

• Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you ever start?
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Folks, think about it for a moment - if someone were going to laser a coin, even if they could do so, why would they do it to a coin that was already in a holder? >>

Even if this were to become a problem it should be simple enough
    to make a holder which wouldn't pass laser light without disintegrating.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    gsaguygsaguy Posts: 2,425
    <<Folks, think about it for a moment - if someone were going to laser a coin, even if they could do so, why would they do it to a coin that was already in a holder?>>

Easy to answer this one.

If a doctor has worked on a coin that has a huge jump in price between one grade and the next, I would think it would be much easier to convince a potential buyer that his chances of getting the higher grade are better if the coin is already a product of one of the top grading services.

I show you a big dollar coin that looks like an MS67, but it's raw, the first thing you're going to wonder is, "why is this coin raw".

I show you the same coin in a PCGS MS66 holder, and the first thing you think is, "what were they thinking?".

• Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gsaguy, it might depend on the "story" you gave.
    I'd probably just take a sharpie pen and write my own grade.image
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    Trust me stman, I didn't have you in mind when I was lasering the coin.image
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, I would have Tried to listen to the story with a straight face. Heh, Of course I have been known to walk away laughing as well.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    And here I thought you loved stories.image
  • Options

<< <i>For example, I figure my deer meat costs me only $388/pound.image >>

You would think it would be cheaper than that, given that you're just grabbing the roadkilled ones. image

You need to start cutting it with some of those big crazy rodents you've got down there. Nutria? I can never remember their name.
  • Options
    Nutria, yes. And they are tasty. I speak from firsthand knowledge.

As for hunting deer with the car, that's CoinCop. I hear he just eats around treadmarks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file