Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Please grade these Morgans, and then answer a question

I've only dabbled in the series and never seriously got into it--for me it's daunting, like staring into the sun. My grading stinks. How about taking a run at grades on these?

Then a question: I have maybe 30 raw Morgans in UNC condition, none in particularly high grades and no tough dates. I want to sell them all but a few, and am wondering how to go about it without getting my azz handed to me. What to do?

Thanks--Guy
imageimage
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    LeianaLeiana Posts: 4,349
    They both look like 62s to me.

As for selling them properly, I really cannot help you.

-Amanda

I'm a YN working on a type set!

My Buffalo Nickel Website Home of the Quirky Buffaloes Collection!

Proud member of the CUFYNA
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going with MS63.

Photos of this quality should make it easy to sell them on the Buy-Sell-Trade message board right here.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭
    83-CC - MS63
    83-O - MS62

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    63/63 (take good pics, claim they're all MS65s, and sell them on ebay).
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options

<< <i>83-CC - MS63
    83-O - MS62

TorinoCobra71 >>

Frank,

I have to agree with the above on these grades. Though the pics are just ok...
    WRT a sales venue, I've had very good luck with Morgans on eBay up to MS65 of common dates such as these.

Mark
    What do you think, Mr. Bigglesworth?
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    They are around MS62, cusp 63.

I'd first look for VAMs, if nothing else, at least separate out any that exhibit clashing, easiest by noting a line up from the eagle's wing on the reverse to somewhere in the "n G" area of the IGWT motto. BST might be your best place before eBay, using the type of pics you have here. Note that some of the most deisrable VAMs are among the most common dates.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    62 for the 82-CC

63, shot-64 for the 83-O
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    63/63.............BST
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    sweetwillietsweetwilliet Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭
    ms62 bumped to ms63 for the 83cc, because it's a cc
    ms63 for the 83 o
    Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
    Will’sProoflikes

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file