Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1962 Topps Baseball PSA 9 $30.00

I know it has a fairly high population compared to most 1962 Topps baseball in PSA 9 (13), but I think I got a great deal on this one through BIN. Checkout ebay item #300018149605, 1962 Topps #583 Larry Osborne. I've got to learn how to add a scan!

Comments

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Nice price I would agree, though that guy's face looks deformed with that big wad of whatever in his mouth.

• Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    Especially since the same seller has the exact same card listed today on a BIN for $230! 300018894112 You'd better be careful...
  • Options
    PSARichPSARich Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    Well SOM, you were right. I just checked my email and just got a message from the seller. Now keep in mind that I saw this on ebay and used BIN late last night and received an email from ebay saying I won the auction with a checkout link. I never received anything from the seller until this email:

> Dear Sir
    >
    > As we emailed yesterday, the card was listed in error in the store. As you
    > can see the
    > Aspromonte was $250. The Osborne is $230, and it was relisted as such.
    >
    > The Blackthorne software from ebay has defaults which have glitches and
    > unfortunately this was one of them.
    >
    > Unfortunately we cannot sell you the card for the price of $30 as you can
    > see is ridiculous
    > and we will return your check if you send it.
    >
    > Again, we would appreciate your cooperation appreciate your understanding.
    >
    > It appears you are not willing to cooperate and understand this matter,
    > however hope
    > you will do so.
    >
    > And again, we cannot and will not be able to sell you that card for $30 plus
    > $4 shipping.
    >
    > If you file a dispute with ebay, we understand that and we will respond.

Needless to say, I answered back that considering this was the first I'd heard from them it was rather rude to tell me "It appears you are not willing to cooperate and understand this matter". I left a few other suggestions for them also. I understand that mistakes happen and all it takes is an apology and I'm good with it. $30 was a great deal, but $230 is a great steal on their end. The card has sold on ebay for $100. Oh well, for a short while I thought I had found a great deal!
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Can they hook you up with a free gift or credit towards a future purchase or something?
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    At least they were very honest about it.
  • Options
    JonBJonB Posts: 495
    I seriously doubt ebay's software was in error...

More than likely they are the ones that screwed up the listing, putting 30 instead of 230. Seems pretty obvious they are in such a rush to outrageously over-charge their customers they can't even get their listings correct.

... Not to mention how rude that first email from them was...

... And yet another seller goes on the list I will never buy from
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    That first e-mail was really rude, and for no reason either. You outta give them their first neg!
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    let it go ...make sure not to buy from them again
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    Never heard back from them. It's history.
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Rich,

I think they were unfair to you.

I am surprised, because I have dealt with Maraya before with no problems.

Do you want it to end here? If not, why not call them and speak to someone personally - they may be more reasonable talking to a live person (their phone number is listed in the "Authorized Dealers" section on the PSA website).

If they are not, I would appreciate it if you would share that with the forum.

Capecards
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Normally I would let it go and be more than willing to accept that people make mistakes, but for them to talk to you like that in the first email might just be enough for me to pursue it further.

Sorry to hear you didnt get your great deal either way.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    bxb:
    I sent a second email basically repeating what I told them the first time. Didn't receive a response to that one either..at least as of now. I'm dropping the issue. As I said to them, if you made a mistake in the listing all you have to do is apoligize for the inconvenience and I'm good with it. But to blame it on the computer software and also tell me I'm not cooperating is not necessary. I have a short list of ebayers I don't do business with and they are now on it. Thanks to all for your input.
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    I agree with you, 100%.

Don't forget to put them on your "Blocked Bidders" list so they can't purchase anything from you, either.

Thanks for the updates!
  • Options
    Well, I did hear back from the seller Maraya SC. Apparently the first email that they thought they sent me was really sent to ebay.com according to them. Hence I never got it and proceeded with the purchase. That original email (they sent a copy) is below. I still think it could have been worded a little nicer since they made the mistake. However, they did follow up with additional explaination (also below). As I said earlier, it is over with and they did at least respond in a nicer way this last time with a somewhat qualified apology.

Dear Sir

"Unfortunately there was an error in the Blackthorne template from ebay. The card is $230
    not $30.00.

We cannot sell you the PSA 9 1962 Larry Osborne for $30.00

Surely you understand that.

You may contact ebay if you wish.

We will do the same."

sincerely

Maraya SC

Hello again, I don't want to beat this to death, but it looks like I sent that email to ebay.com after the notification
    instead of you, and this was not particulary well handled on my part. Not realizing that
    this email was sent to the ebay notification instead - which never gets to the buyer anyway -
    I was surprised to receive the sent check email from you. The card was listed in the store
    not an auction- and purchased, but of course the price was not as it should have been
    and I never checked the store listings even, thinking that the software did the trick.

There was no rudeness intended - perhaps you would have felt the same way if you thought
    you were sending a second email to notify someone that supposedly should have been received the first time.

Maraya SC as a whole has an extremely good working relationship with all ebayers as
    well as dealers but mistakes do happen as we are all human and need to work together, and it appears that we do our best.

Again, my apologies.

Cordially

Maraya SC
  • Options
    i still think they should have offerred some type of future discount / promotion code or something......
  • Options
    ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 826 ✭✭✭
    I wonder what would happen if someone won an auction from Maraya and replied 'My snipe software made a mistake....you understand right?'