Home U.S. Coin Forum

ASE anniversary sets

Just found on the upciming products page at the mint.

The ASE anniversary sets go on sale Aug 30, I didn't find any other info. But having them on the list is new. At least from the last time I looked.
(Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?

Comments

• CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭
    Do you have a link?
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • usmint.com gets me there.
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    Here's the line off their site:

"August 30 American Eagle 20th Anniversary Coin Sets"

and the link

US MINT UPCOMING PRODUCTS PAGE
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not just silver eagles, but gold sets and gold+silver set.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • rjf810rjf810 Posts: 91 ✭✭
    Coin World online states that the 3 coin Gold set will run $2610 with a production limit of 10,000 and the 3 coin silver set will run $100 with a production number of 250,000.
  • brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Coin World online states that the 3 coin Gold set will run $2610 with a production limit of 10,000 and the 3 coin silver set will run $100 with a production number of 250,000. >>

how about " satin gold and silver" set?
  • Does the three coin gold set contain a silver eagle?

John
    Coin Photos

Never view my other linked pages. They aren't coin related.
  • rjf810rjf810 Posts: 91 ✭✭
    The 2 coin, gold and silver set is $850 with a production number of 20,000.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The 2 coin, gold and silver set is $850 with a production number of 20,000. >>

But, will the finish/mm/anything be different than the SAEs in the other set?
    That will be the crux of it

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

--- 3 pieces gold - unc,satin,proof --- mintage= 10,000 -- $2610
    --- 3 pieces silver - unc,satin,proof --- mintage= 250,000 -- $100
    --- 2 pieces gold and silver - satin --- mintage= 20,000 -- $850

all has "W"

Am I right?
  • mnmcoinmnmcoin Posts: 2,165

<< <i>August 30 American Eagle 20th Anniversary Coin Sets >>

So does this mean the coins will be dated 2005?!?

morris <><
    "Repent, for the kindom of heaven is at hand."
    ** I would take a shack on the Rock over a castle in the sand !! **
    Don't take life so seriously...nobody gets out alive.

ALL VALLEY COIN AND JEWELRY
    28480 B OLD TOWN FRONT ST
    TEMECULA, CA 92590
    (951) 757-0334

www.allvalleycoinandjewelry.com
  • Did I not read where the proof was suppose to be a reverse proof or something non-traditional? If so, then the Prf. and Satin finish would be unique and limited to 250K assuming the unc. is the regular issue. Think I tossed the Coin World where I read that and can't find this info anywhere on Google. Would this be correct?
  • skingspanskingspan Posts: 519 ✭✭
    I think I remember reading somewhere that there was going to be a reverse proof incuded in the set.

• << <i>I think I remember reading somewhere that there was going to be a reverse proof incuded in the set. >>

Both three-coin sets will include a reverse proof finish. The uncirculated finish will be distinguished from regular bullion by a W mint mark, plus the planchets are burnished.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, in other words, the one included with the gold is NOT special in any known way.
    That is what will differentiate these from the 1995-W sets and, while they may increase, they won't be near that one.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

<< <i>

<< <i>I think I remember reading somewhere that there was going to be a reverse proof incuded in the set. >>

Both three-coin sets will include a reverse proof finish. The uncirculated finish will be distinguished from regular bullion by a W mint mark, plus the planchets are burnished. >>

how about Obverse?

one proof, one unc, one(reverse proof, obverse unc)? man that's abnormal and weird looking.
  • aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So, in other words, the one included with the gold is NOT special in any known way.
    That is what will differentiate these from the 1995-W sets and, while they may increase, they won't be near that one. >>

There are 3 types of coins:

Unc Satin - just like the Bullion Unc coins you can currently buy, EXCEPT these will have the "W" mint mark.
    Proof - Just like the Proofs you can buy now, no different.
    Reverse Proof - Brand new, never before seen, with "W" mint mark.

The 3 coin Gold set is the ONLY way to get the 'reverse proof'. It will also contain the Unc. Satin and the regular proof as described above.

The 3 coin Silver set is the ONLY way to get the 'reverse proof' It will also contain the Unc. Satin and the regular proof as described above.

The 2 coin set will have the Unc Gold and the Unc Silver, with "W" mint mark.

So the MAXIMUM mintage for the Gold 'reverse proof' is 10,000, if they sell 10,000 sets for $2610 !! I don't think they will.

The Maximum for the Unc. with "W" for gold is 30,000.

The Maximum mintage for the Silver 'reverse proof' is 250,000.

The Maximum for the Unc. with "W" for Silver is 270,000.

For the Gold regular proof add to the already sold out Eagles (12,000), and the four coin set (up to 27,000) another 10,000.

For the Silver regular proof, these are almost unlimited.

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭
    I see some potential for the gold reverse proof with only 10,000 minted. But for $2600 that's a big premium to pay over melt.
  • aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I see some potential for the gold reverse proof with only 10,000 minted. But for $2600 that's a big premium to pay over melt. >>

What sucks is if you want the reverse proof, they make you buy the regular proof. That's what's jacking up the prices, for both the Silver and Gold sets. You knock those out and save $800 or $33 for the silver.

If I wanted the regular Proofs I'd have bought them !!! Which I already did for the Silver, I guess that was a waste.

I hope the Mint takes great care to ensure nice coins, if someone ponies up $2600 for a set, those coins better be top of the line.

• Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536

<< <i>how about Obverse?

one proof, one unc, one(reverse proof, obverse unc)? man that's abnormal and weird looking. >>

Reverse proof does not mean the rev is proof and the obv unc. It means the devices are miror finish as on a brilliant proof and the fields are frosted white like the devices on a cameo proof.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭
    I won't buy the $2600 set but might buy a slabbed gold reverse proof only because it will be unusual for gold eagles and hopefully the mint won't produce these in the future.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file