Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I suspect that I'm not the only one who is extremely impressed by and greatly enjoys Amanda's posts.

What a pleasure it is to read Amanda's/"Leiana's" posts! Keep up the great job, young lady.image

Comments

• Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345
    No, you are not.image
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This hobby needs more YNs like Leianna. She seems to have a very good eye for coins. How old is she?
  • Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭
    No Mark, you're not alone.

Having a YN of my own, I can't help but do the "comparison" thing when I read other YN's posts. Amanda's threads/posts have inspired him to "be like her" when he gets older.

As I said in a thread I posted last week, Is anyone else impressed with the quality of the YN's around here, the future of the hobby in particular and the future in general is bright when you think of someone like Amanda.

As for her age, She mentioned at one time that she is entering her freshman year of college this fall.
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    imageimageimageimage
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    its extremely refreshing to have her around image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    morgannut2morgannut2 Posts: 4,293
    Why specifically are you extreemly interested? --You don't wear Hawaiian Shirts and sign in purple colored pens do you??? imageimage
    morgannut2
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What a pleasure it is to read Amanda's/"Leiana's" posts! Keep up the great job, young lady.image >>

image 100% !!!! image
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    gyocomgdgyocomgd Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭
    Amanda is something. I posted a couple of holdered Buffalo nickels, and she nailed the grade on one exactly, and was one point off on the other. A very nice kid, too!
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amanda is a really nice young lady. I catch myself slowing down and taking the time to read her post.
    She is learning this great hobby really fast and has some great thoughts.image
    Larry

• Options
    I had a discussion about an e-bay posting I felt was suspect, and frankly she was very rude.
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    I wish I knew as much at her age!
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345

<< <i>I had a discussion about an e-bay posting I felt was suspect, and frankly she was very rude. >>

Link?
  • Options
    A YN learning - that is a good thing

an old fart here complaining about the YN is a bad thing.

Friday July 28, 2006 7:21 AM (NEW!)

I had a discussion about an e-bay posting I felt was suspect, and frankly she was very rude. pbfloyd.

If you are going to make an accusation- need to back this up with proof.

She is a knowledgeable YN- and IF she was rude- well she has the right to be- it's the internet-

you go young lady- and ignore old farts that want to start trouble.
  • Options
    RickMilauskasRickMilauskas Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭
    Not only are Amanda's post quite insightful and intelligent beyond her years but so are many other YN's.

For example p8nt, notlogical, and many others who's monikers escape me.

I usually don't even realize most of the YN's are so young!
  • Options
  • Options
    It was a P.M. discussion...........If she wants to post all of them she can
  • Options
    I wish I knew as much as her at my current age! image
  • Options
    tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭
    I very impressed with her knowledge. She comes out of nowhere and can post with the best of the forum! image
  • Options
    She is a knowledgeable YN- and IF she was rude- well she has the right to be- it's the internet-

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO COMMON COURTESY.......I try to talk to people on this board as if I were face to face
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How old is Amanda?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    I think Amanda is great! image

<< <i> Amanda's threads/posts have inspired him to "be like her" when he gets older.

<< <i>

Thanks Dad.image
    What Mr. Spock would say about numismatics...
    image... "Fascinating, but not logical"

"Live long and prosper"

My "How I Started" columns
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    I gave her a mention under the "favorite posters" thread running right now. She's refreshing, knowledgable, and coming right along a good path.
  • Options
    I have PM'ed her a couple of time and have talked 'coins'
    She is 17 years old and very wise for her age and very focused and committed to this subject.

She's great!
    TKC!
    Want List
    Proud member of the CUFYNA
    Need a Banner Made? PM ME!
  • Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    <I suspect that I'm not the only one who is extremely impressed by and greatly enjoys Amanda's posts.>

*Edited after I read the title CORRECTLY! image

Amanda is an extremely welcome addition to the boards and I look forward to her contributions and energy in an already enjoyable forum.
    She's not only a fellow coin enthusiast, but a fellow Civil War buff as well, and quite knowledgeable and passionate about that turbulent time in our Nation's history.
    One more thing, she's been here only one month and already 650 posts. That's image.

image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    It's really wild how smart some of the young folks on the net are.
    They type and think faster than most of us old farts.image

My kid let's me read some of what he post on other forums.
    They have their own language. Half as many letters and say just as much.
    It makes me feel really old at times.image
    Larry

• Options
    IGWTIGWT Posts: 4,975

<< <i><I suspect that I'm not the only one who is extremely impressed by and greatly enjoys Amanda's posts.>

I think for the first time ever Mark, I DISAGREE with you, your title of this thread anyway >>

Dizzy - I think you misread the title to Mark's thread. image
  • Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i><I suspect that I'm not the only one who is extremely impressed by and greatly enjoys Amanda's posts.>

I think for the first time ever Mark, I DISAGREE with you, your title of this thread anyway >>

Dizzy - I think you misread the title to Mark's thread. image >>

Oops!image You're absolutely correct... My blunder!image
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options

<< <i>What a pleasure it is to read Amanda's/"Leiana's" posts! Keep up the great job, young lady.image >>

imageimage Nice having you here Amanda image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I had a discussion about an e-bay posting I felt was suspect, and frankly she was very rude. >>

Did she hurt your feelings?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amanda is a great asset to this place. I really enjoy her posts and appreciate her comments to the other threads and my own ones. Keep it up!imageimage
  • Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    What's not to like with Amanda and all the yn's. The future of the hobby is bright. jws
  • Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ABSOLUTELY!!!image
    Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570
    It's actually my alt
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amanda is awesome and wise well beyond her years.
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    coinman420coinman420 Posts: 4,666
    i`m impressed with her posts also. she is VERY sharp. look out laura image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭

She can grade Buffalo nickels like no body's business too.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    I better make this a quick post as the power is fluctuating and there's a thunderstorm overhead...image

Amanda is one of the brightest minds on the boards, even at such a young age. She has a huge future for her, and we'll be hearing a lot from Amanda in the coming years in the hobby. She actually reminds me somewhat of Jeremy/Airplanenut, another top-notch YN. image
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Hey, maybe we should fix her up with Jeremy...
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Agreed. Hey, maybe we should fix her up with Jeremy... >>

Great idea, and anyone here with greater than 4661 posts gets invited to the weddingimage
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    LeianaLeiana Posts: 4,349
    Wow, I was busy all day doing chores so I could go to the BRNA show tomorrow and I log on and I find this. image I believe I actually have tears in my eyes. This hobby is so important to me and totally turned my life around. It means a lot to me that so many people here care about what I have to say. That is one of the greatest things about this hobby, the willingness of people to help out newcomers so everyone can enjoy the hobby more. These kind words of encouragement will surely stick with me for a very long time to come. image I thank each and every one of you ever so much. Numismatics used to be the 'hobby of kings.' Now it's something everyone can enjoy. I'm so very glad that places like this make numismatic knowledge available to people, whether they collect Lincolns or Saint-Gaudens. The friends I have made so far on these boards are very wonderful. image

Thanks,

Amanda

I'm a YN working on a type set!

My Buffalo Nickel Website Home of the Quirky Buffaloes Collection!

• Options
    If Amanda PMs me, I'll send her some stuff from the junk box (like I did for the July 4th givaway). I've always encouraged other YNs, and she's no exception.

I challenge others to get on the bandwagon.
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image...this post made my day ..!!!!!
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    LeianaLeiana Posts: 4,349

<< <i>image...this post made my day ..!!!!! >>

It made my month! image

-Amanda

I'm a YN working on a type set!

My Buffalo Nickel Website Home of the Quirky Buffaloes Collection!

• Options
           Happy Happy Joy Joy!
  • Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you mentioned something Mark. I too have taken notice of the depth of her responses and eagerness around here. Keep it up Amanda!
  • Options
    Have you noticed how she racked up 658 posts in exactly one month on the boards? imageimage
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No doubt, Amanda gets the Rookie-of-the-Year nod for 2006. Have fun at the show tomorrow, Amanda.
  • Options
    MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I think she posts good stuff too. image
  • Options
    capecape Posts: 1,621
    amanda, i also enjoy all your posts! keep up the interest and your great threads. happy collecting!image
    ed rodrigues

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file