Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Rattlers still bring all the juice on ebay - ask Centsles

roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
Rattler MS63 1904 $20 Lib

Here's a common $20 Lib MS63 rattler that sort of amazed me bringing over MS64 money. I guess the seller's hype got some people thinking it could go MS65. Frankly, I have a fresh pile of rattler MS63's I'm saving for a rainy day, and not one is MS65 material. Centsles paid a strong $100 over MS64 money. While the coin looks all of MS64 even in the foggy photo, it just didn't catch me as a MS65. And I felt the seller's "uncle" or "grandfather" hype was a little bit hard to swallow. I thought $1100 was a good price for the coin but a few people had it at $1500-$1600.

roadrunner
Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold

Comments

• Options
    On eBay, the more hype, the better the final price !
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Senseless is buying gold coins like a madman -- raw, certified, new holder, old holder, everything!! I guess he would rather invest his NNC crap coin profits in gold instead of stocks, bonds, or South Beach condos!!
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go Senseless go!! But he's not Cents Less, he's Gold Full.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    I think he sells the most unattactive morgans and proof franklins that I've ever seen..... image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    That coin will be in an NNC 66 slab in no time.... image
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭
    I picked up a 1900 $20 MS60 PCGS Rattler earlier this month - paid about $680 with the shipping. I needed the coin for my UNC 1900 Year Set, and I figured I should grab it before gold went up again. Since I didn't pay too much over melt for the coin, and these coins all tend to be pretty ugly in grades under MS63 (which cost more than I can afford) I really wasn't expecting too much...but...

Wow! I am really happy with the coin I got! Yes, it has a lot of hits, and MS60 may very well be its technical grade, BUT the coin is:

> Wonderfully Original
    > Has orange-ish vaguely mirrored fields with pinkish frosty devices
    > Very Sharply Struck
    > Best of all, my coin has none of that ugly, black-looking cheek rub that almost every MS60-62 I have ever seen has.

So maybe there is something to rattler logic...
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know this seller? What his/her history is?
  • Options
    Does anyone know this seller? What his/her history is?

I think Russ knows who this guy is... I believe he's an ex-top TPG employee or something...
  • Options
    From those exceptionally sharp and detailed photos, you can definitely tell it's gold and it's in a rattler.
  • Options
    TarmacTarmac Posts: 394
    I believe he's an ex-top TPG employee or something.

He has lousy images and an even worse return policy coupled with NTC slabs.

His return policy states:

THIRD PARTY GRADED COINS AND PAPER MONEY ARE NOT RETURNABLE . THE GRADING STANDARDS OF THE GRADING SERVICE APPLY

Why would anyone....nevermind.

• Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    He pays insane money for every coin I am the underbidder on. I would say in the last year I have won 2 or 3 items and lost 40 or 50 items to Centsles. He has also bought my items so I don't feel too bad.
  • Options
    RNCHSNRNCHSN Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    He's a Florida dealer who used to sell ACG holdered coins extensively on eBay but switched over to NTC when the whole ACG thing esclated a few years ago.

I believe, in the law suite against a few well known numismatic people, he was listed as "lost income" because he switched to NTC from ACG because of all the negative ACG hype.

I HAVE bought from him in the past and he does deliver what he offers; TPG coins in holders with their grade on the holder.
  • Options
    morgannut2morgannut2 Posts: 4,293
    Centsless sells the finest PQ NTC coins available on Ebay---
    morgannut2
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>He's a Florida dealer who used to sell ACG holdered coins extensively on eBay but switched over to NTC when the whole ACG thing esclated a few years ago.

I believe, in the law suite against a few well known numismatic people, he was listed as "lost income" because he switched to NTC from ACG because of all the negative ACG hype.

I HAVE bought from him in the past and he does deliver what he offers; TPG coins in holders with their grade on the holder. >>

In addition, when the ANA was running the ACG lawsuit defense fund, a story of how Centsles was treated by ACG was featured, as told by a former ACG employee.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file