Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Sometimes I don't get popular sellers...

...who end their auctions on a weekday morning. Three times this month I was able to snipe 1957 SP PSA 7 (SMR $35) for around $10. That's 28% of SMR. The only times I had been able to this were on auctions ending weekday mornings. I can't complain but do you think popular sellers would at least have auctions ending in the evening?

Comments

• Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    Dude..................Somethings are better left unsaid.............You do not need to give "these" sellers a clue!!

We all deserve a "good" deal sometimes.!!

Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    Its a job and they go home to there families in the evening like a lot of us do.

Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    I sell all the time on eBay and end my auctions in the evenings.
    With that said, I've seen the good, the bad & the ugly w/ my lots.
    If I have something thats in demand, it doesn't matter when it ends
    as the bidders will find it and the majority set their snipes anyway.
    If I have an item thats low grade or high pop, it may never get strong
    bids whenever it ends...jay
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    That's true, Jay, high demand items will always attract the bidders. However, I have read somewhere about the sheer number of buyers 1) bidding on compulsion and 2) just like the instant feedback that a live auction can give. I've seen a centered O'Dell I got this morning for over 2x what I paid and I set my snipes last night when I do all of my bidding/buying anyways. I know for 10-cents more, you can specify your start time and from my small sample, the might mean an extra $5-10.
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    I don't get the guys whose auctions end at 2 AM on Tuesdays. If they were in Australia or some far removed timezone I'd understand, but just because you're wired up in NYC listing cards doesn't mean everyone else is. Maybe they have a stake in a sniping site or something and are trying to drive business.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay