Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My Gold Buffalos Have been Pre-Ordered

MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭
I ordered several of the business strikes from Apmex. The reason i did not wait any longer is because i believe we may see Higher Gold prices towards the end of this week
and i wanted to get locked in on the price before Gold shoots up to $620 or $630.

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."

Comments

• Options
    So if we lock in now, that's the price no matter what the market does?
  • Options

<< <i>So if we lock in now, that's the price no matter what the market does? >>

From the Apmex Faq Section

Are your prices locked in when I place my order?
    Yes. When you place an order over the telephone or online, you will be given a confirmation number that locks in your price.
    How long is my price locked in for?
    Your price is confirmed for 5 business days on orders under $25,000 and three days for orders more than $25,000. That is the time you have to make your payment to APMEX.

• Options
    i'm going to check out their site. not sure my 1 would meet the minimum order
  • Options

<< <i>i'm going to check out their site. not sure my 1 would meet the minimum order >>

I believe you can order just one and pay for it via credit card online but you won't get the little cash discount.

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i'm going to check out their site. not sure my 1 would meet the minimum order >>

From the site:
    "Do you have a minimum order?
    Yes. Our minimum order is $50.00 per transaction, regardless of payment method. It can be in any combination of precious metals you choose. "

They are that very rare breed of bullion dealer which takes credit cards. They charge the same price for everyone (ie they don't charge a fee for using a credit card). However...they make up for that by using a shipping fee that adds 3% of your total...but then discount that 3% if you use a non-credit card method to pay. This way they get around the credit card rule about a surcharge by using a shipping discount.

I am thinking of calling them tomorrow...

Cathy

apmex linkage

• Options

<< <i>I believe you can order just one and pay for it via credit card online but you won't get the little cash discount. >>

Yup. I just ordered one.

2006 Gold Buffalo Coins (1 Ounce) - .9999 Fine Qty: 1 @ $610.35

SubTotal: $610.35
    Shipping, Handling and Insurance: $33.26
    GrandTotal: $643.61

• Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    Anyone think the 1/4 ounce would be worthwhile. That's all my budget can stand this month. image jws

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    over one half of all bullion is :

BULL
    .... don't get buffaloed image

BUY the PROOFS if you want to speculate ! They'll be about $200 more image
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone think the 1/4 ounce would be worthwhile. That's all my budget can stand this month. image jws >>

I don't think the mint is making them in fractions. I could be wrong but i didn't read anything about it.

• Options
    JDelageJDelage Posts: 724 ✭✭
    They sell they Eagle for $580 and the Buffalo for $605. That doesn't make any sense if (as I assume) the mint's price is going to be the same.
    "The greatest productive force is human selfishness."
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Options

<< <i>They sell they Eagle for $580 and the Buffalo for $605. That doesn't make any sense if (as I assume) the mint's price is going to be the same. >>

The price will go up and down with the spot market, the new coin is .9999 fine the eagle is not.

• Options
    JDelageJDelage Posts: 724 ✭✭

<< <i>The price will go up and down with the spot market, the new coin is .9999 fine the eagle is not. >>

So what? It's the same 1 oz of gold. There's no collectable value to that bullion coin, especially if it is produced at the 200,000 unit level.
    "The greatest productive force is human selfishness."
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Options

<< <i>They sell they Eagle for $580 and the Buffalo for $605. That doesn't make any sense if (as I assume) the mint's price is going to be the same. >>

Currently

2006 Gold Buffalo Coins (1 Ounce) - .9999 Fine Sell Price

$604.41
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

2006 Gem Brilliant Uncirculated Gold American Eagle (1 oz.) Sell Price

$601.56

It goes with the spot market and there is a small premium for the newer coin.

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't accept CC over 2,500image.You must call.
    Al
  • Options
    xbobxbob Posts: 1,979

<< <i>

<< <i>So if we lock in now, that's the price no matter what the market does? >>

From the Apmex Faq Section

Are your prices locked in when I place my order?
    Yes. When you place an order over the telephone or online, you will be given a confirmation number that locks in your price.
    How long is my price locked in for?
    Your price is confirmed for 5 business days on orders under $25,000 and three days for orders more than $25,000. That is the time you have to make your payment to APMEX. >>

From their site: delivered upon receipt from the US Mint. (Estimated to be June 29th)

That is more than 5 days from now. Does that mean they will charge a different price when they ship and you are just reserving your coins now?

edit to add: Nevermind... I think they just mean you have 5 days to pay. So if you use a CCard your price is locked in upon purchase.
    -Bob
    collections: Maryland related coins & exonumia, 7070 Type set, and Video Arcade Tokens.
    The Low Budget Y2K Registry Set
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭

<< <i>Shipping, Handling and Insurance: $33.26 >>

- OUCH!!
  • Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    Hope this does not het me in trouble as I'm just providing info. and own no stock or have any interest in the co. lol jws
    Dear Valued Customer,

APMEX.com is pleased to offer you the chance to purchase the new 2006 Gold Buffalo Coins before its official release from the US Mint. Be one of the first to own this unique coin at a special price for pre orders only.

The new 2006 Buffalo Gold coins, will be available in a 1 ounce size and is the first ever .9999 fine gold coin produced by the U.S. Mint. The design will be based on the original Buffalo Nickel created by James Earle Fraser. The obverse (front) will bear the famed Indian Head portrait and the reverse (back) will bear the equally-famed buffalo design.

The coins will come sealed in mylar plastic in strips of twenty and boxes of 500. Currently, we are accepting orders of any size and shipments will be delivered upon receipt from the US Mint. (Estimated to be June 29th) **

Don’t miss out on this special offer available for APMEX customers only! This is the perfect opportunity, with the recent drop in gold prices, to own the first ever .9999 Fine Gold coin produced by the U.S. Mint.

Please click on the following link to view this offer: 2006 Gold Buffalo Coins, or visit our homepage at: www.APMEX.com.

**APMEX reserves the right to ship orders in their entirety, thus additional items purchased in conjunction with this promotion may not be shipped until after JUNE 29, 2006.

Dont forget to check out our other fine products:

Gold
    Silver
    Supplies
    Wholesale Specials

Respectfully,

Scott Thomas
    Trading Manager

American Precious Metals Exchange
    800-375-9006

• Options
    ILikeMercsILikeMercs Posts: 1,392
    just wondering.......if it's almost pure, will it bend easily?
    imageDo not taunt Happy Fun Ball image
  • Options
    INXSINXS Posts: 1,202
    Locked in for 10 at $600.38 plus SHI. Thanks MrKelso.
    "Well here's another nice mess you have gotten me into" Oliver Hardy 1930

BST successful dealings with:MsMorrisine, goldman86
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered one a $600.28 and with the cash discount the total w/s/h came to $615.23.

Now that I've done this the mint will come out with the satin version.

I'm going to put together a NGC comparison set of the original nickel, 2001 Comm-Silver Dollar and the 2006 Bullion Buffalo...all high grade uncs.

What should I have it called?
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has to be the ultimate in Moderns: buying coins that haven't even been minted yet!

the opposite of "historical".... they're from the damned future for fun's sake! image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭
    meh, I'll wait til gold falls to $500.99 image Anyway, they'll be sending me PCGS MS70 coins which will sell for $3000 each on eBay.......image
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also ordered one at $602 or something around that level. Shipping and handling bring it up to about $635 or so (I forget - drugs are good for that).

I actually am happy to have it on order. I look forward to getting one in hand. I am not so much thinking about it as an investment or a bullion coin (even though I know it is), I'm just really hoping it has the rough hewn look of the original 1913 design and not the ultra-pasteurized look of the 2001 buffalo commem. The rough design in gold would look oh so cool. If it does, I'll be even more excited to see the PROOF of the same design as that would just give me a major chubby!
  • Options
    ar18ar18 Posts: 1,122
    anyone have a direct link to the section where you ordered them??
  • Options

<< <i>Locked in for 10 at $600.38 plus SHI. Thanks MrKelso. >>

I also did some more today Ernie for myself and the pains at the plant. image

• Options
    ILikeMercsILikeMercs Posts: 1,392

<< <i>anyone have a direct link to the section where you ordered them?? >>

look at storks post above
    imageDo not taunt Happy Fun Ball image
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

I wonder why apmex says get them before they are gone...

Will there be HIGH demand.

Low supply. Only 6 month's of production.

Just trying to get you to buy, covering their cost.

• Options
    apmex.comimageimageimageimageimage
    B. I.
  • Options
    2bucks2bucks Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    Man... saw this thread and had to lock in for qty. 2 - $599.00

I really do think this coin is going to be nice! Xmas in June.

Lloyd should buy at least one! I sorta feel bad, so I think he might get an early xmas gift.

You're still on my card list tho... Trey
  • Options
    BubbleheadBubblehead Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭

I also snagged one @ $597.95! (+ the shipping/ins)

Their sell price changes from minute to minute, it seems?
  • Options

<< <i>image

I also snagged one @ $597.95! (+ the shipping/ins)

Their sell price changes from minute to minute, it seems? >>

Welcome to the World of Bullion Trading. image

• Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    Hoping to fend off another buffalo thread.
  • Options
    Good Luck !
  • Options
    2006 Gold Buffalo Coins (1 Ounce) - .9999 Fine Sell Price

$624.34

• Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

I went with the First Strike on ebay, under $700 delivered.

The way I see it, today a coin delivered will cost about $650 plus have it graded by PCGS, add like $30, and it MIGHT be a MS69. I had two Platinum Proofs that would NOT have been PF69, all marked up, and Platinum is harder than 24kt gold and the Proofs are better taken care of.

On TV they showed them stacking these coins like they were regular money. All those are going to be marked up....

Anyway, it's worth it to me to have an MS69, in PCGS, plus First Strike (if that ever means something, someday), for not to much more money.

• Options
    Sounds good.

2006 Gold Buffalo Coins (1 Ounce) - .9999 Fine
    Brilliant Uncirculated - Sealed in Mylar directly from the U.S. Mint! Sell Price

$625.61

• Options
    PghpetePghpete Posts: 202 ✭✭✭
    Got mine - $625.XX. A lot of money for a small-timer like me. But very exciting.
  • Options

<< <i>Im happy I put my order in when I did but Gold could be down tomorrow! >>

I think Gold may trend higher over the next few days before going down some. You did great.

• Options
    gyocomgdgyocomgd Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭
    I'm in for 3 @ $624, with a decent discount of around $35. What the heck.
  • Options
    PghpetePghpete Posts: 202 ✭✭✭
    Anyone bought other stuff from them? They have some nice looking large cents in VF/XF/AU condition. I don't believe they're certified though.
  • Options
    coinman420coinman420 Posts: 4,666
    ordered my 1 coin tuesday morning at $601+ shipping, bad thing is the more demand for these the more they will produce. where the proof is limited.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    Brilliant Uncirculated - Sealed in Mylar directly from the U.S. Mint! Sell Price

$652.43

• Options

<< <i>I ordered several of the business strikes from Apmex. The reason i did not wait any longer is because i believe we may see Higher Gold prices towards the end of this week
    and i wanted to get locked in on the price before Gold shoots up to $620 or $630. >>

Brilliant Uncirculated Sell Price

$672.89

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file