Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

What do you think of these???

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

Comments

• Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭
    Cool. I know what a pattern is, but what is a "Perttern"?
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Cool. I know what a pattern is, but what is a "Perttern"? >>

It's like a pattern, but more scarce... image
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    The Honduras Petternsimage are sweet.image
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    They suck!!!! Oops, I mean YOU SUCK!!!image -Dan
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭
    It's like a pattern, but more scarce...

Cool, I want to collect "Petterns".
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    TassaTassa Posts: 2,373 ✭✭

<< <i>The Honduras Petternsimage are sweet.image >>

• Options
    LuvdawgsLuvdawgs Posts: 1,512
    I love the Guatemala patterns with the birds. image

• Options
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Much nocer than my Pettern set.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    image Holey Smoke!! You find the niftyest stuff!!!! Your nickname should be Hoover cause you suck so much!!image
    Shep
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice!
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536

<< <i>Your nickname should be Hoover cause you suck so much!! >>

I was thinking Electrolux, their advertising slogan was "Nothing sucks like an Electrolux."
  • Options
    PhillyJoePhillyJoe Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭
    These are great looking examples. The Guatemala people love their birds and they are prominent on both their coins and currency.

The Honduras coins have that proud, warrior look.

Both places are nice to visit, but you may not want to live there.

Marty, great results and please enter my name in your generous giveaway.image

Joe
    The Philadelphia Mint: making coins since 1792. We make money by making money. Now in our 225th year thanks to no competition. image
  • Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    When I grow up I want to be Marty (sans rubber chicken, of course).
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭

<< <i>When I grow up I want to be Marty (sans rubber chicken, of course). >>

But it's the rubber chicken that finds all the good coins!!!

• Options
    Nice!

I have always loved the quetzals on Guatemalan coinage (and the condors on Chile's).
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    Cool coins! Why is it that so many countries make really nice patterns but always end up making the most boring coin types circulate? image
    Ebay user name: 00MadMuffin00
  • Options
    Very nice!! Wow. You sure made good use of those multi-coin holders. I've been tempted to do that myself but I worry about if I have to sell in the future. With what I collect I think I'd have a hardtime selling 3 $500 coins in a single multi-coin set for the full $1500 value. What has been your experience with selling in this format, if you ever have?image
    Everything I write is my opinion.

Looking for alot of crap.
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's another lion:

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options

<< <i>Very nice!! Wow. You sure made good use of those multi-coin holders. I've been tempted to do that myself but I worry about if I have to sell in the future. With what I collect I think I'd have a hardtime selling 3 $500 coins in a single multi-coin set for the full $1500 value. What has been your experience with selling in this format, if you ever have?image >>

I like the multi-holders! I can't wait for them to start doing Maundy sets! The only one I have sold had a 1981-S Proof Type 2 Proof Set and it sold just fine!

• Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Ya know... The multiholder would be way cool for my Romanian 1867 1B, 2B, 5B, 10B proofs.... but only 2 are full RD, the other 2 are RB. Do I try and hold out to find RDs of the others? I don't want to crack out or cross my PCGS SPs... working on a set of those too.

Aesthetics aside, if you had a 63RD and a 65RB of the same coin, which would you put in the set? *sigh*

Multiholdering makes it tougher to upgrade individual pieces; you pretty much have to wait until you consider the set "done"...image
  • Options
    Gorgeous Coins! Nice Find!

MArk
  • Options
    If the coin come in a set, seems only right to stick them in a multi-holder. I don't think I would find a single one of these to replace one with anyway. Newest multi-holder is the 65 Gardners Islands coins in the 3 different metals!!