Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Name some current coin scams!

mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
What scams are you seeing out there in the coin business that in your opinion need to be reported to the authorities?

How many can you name?

Comments

• Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    2QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem">This one was supposedly sold, if memory serves me right, on the 6th, won by madcoinlover.

Each left positive feedback for one another indicating the transaction was completed satisfactorily but as you can see, if you check madcoinlover's activity with this seller you'll see that he or she is an obvious shill. He or she inadvertantly outbid someone on either a 38 or 38-S NGC Quarter with a bid of $185 and then retracted to $175 stating the wrong amount had been entered.

The dummy seller was stupid enough to leave feedback for in essence what was a NPB then immediately relisted this same exact coin and then gets pissed at me when I asked, "Didn't you just auction this coin successfully just the other day?"

She then writes some stupid stuff in this item description stating that Pittbreeder wrote her some nasty stuff.
    imageimage

I reported this on day one of relist and alerted Safe Harbor (what a joke) and absolutely nothing was done about it. Pathetic.
  • Options
    As sent (1 of 2) messages sent thru ebay's my messages

*********************************************************************************************************
    Question from pittbreeder
    pittbreeder( 609)
    Positive Feedback: 100%
    Registered On: www.ebay.com

Item: 1937 D Washington quarter 25C NGC MS 65 BLAST WHITE! (8431200449)
    This message was sent while the listing was active.
    pittbreeder is a potential buyer.

Just how is it that you sold this very coin to madcoinlover (item # 8426712906) yet relist it? You might as well know that eBay is on to you and madcoinlover. Good luck
    *******************************************************************************************************
    Message #2 sent by me. (Believe me, you do NOT want to see the niceties she wrote to me)

Response from pittbreeder
    pittbreeder( 609)
    Positive Feedback: 100%
    Registered On: www.ebay.com

Item: 1937 D Washington quarter 25C NGC MS 65 BLAST WHITE! (8431200449)
    This message was sent while the listing was active.
    pittbreeder is a potential buyer.

I just reviwed the message I sent and see that I ask a simple question, gave you a friendly tip & even wished you Good Luck. What part of that message makes me an ass and an idiot? Nice reply. Have a good day.

What is so mean and nasty about an honest question and a tip? image
  • Options
    Positive feedback rating Superior new Ebayer, great integrity......... Will deal with again A++++++++++++
    Seller biggalswholesale ( 446Feedback score is 100 to 499) Jun-09-06 15:58 8426712906
    *********************************************************************************************************
    Great experience, unbelieveable seller... Will deal with as much as possible A++
    Buyer madcoinlover ( 2 ) Jun-09-06 07:50 8426712906

You DID say scam right? Look at the dates each left feedback. Man that must have been the all time fastest non transaction in eBay History! image
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    I have a list of current coin scams which I've collected through insider contacts at collector organizations, various law enforcement agencies at all levels, and our network of dealer informants. This information could save you thousands! Protect yourself from 18 different scams being used right now at online venues, coin shops, shows, and in direct advertising, newspapers and periodicals.

Armed with these secrets, you will be better protected against scams than people who are "in the business"!

- Why you should never buy a raw gold coin on ebay!
    - Great deal on that undergraded 1921-S Buffalo? Better check this first!
    - That dealer has nice proof coins but his table lights aren't very strong. There's a reason!

All these scams - and many, many more - are revealed and explained in detail. Don't be one of those who find out the collection they invested many years and many dollars in is worth only a fraction of its cost.

Before you buy another coin, get this information so you don't become the next victim! Shipping is free! You could save many times the cost of this information on just one transaction!

FREE BONUS! If your order is received before July 1, I will include a copy of How to sell coins for top dollar absolutely free!

To get your copy, send $29.99 to:

Kranky Scam Protection
    PO Box D
    Gullible, PA 19101

That's the one I'm working on. image

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    Boom...

Did you notice a resemblance in the format of the two auctions that madcoinlover ( 2 ) won? Both have the same picture setup. A large format picture of the NGC slab and a small format picture of the reverse of the quarter. It's probably just a coincidence but I thought it was funny.
    Joe
    CONECA #N-3446
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kranky Scam Protection
    PO Box D
    Gullible, PA 19101

When I tried to print my mailing label, usps.com told me that zip code 19101 is actually Philadelphia. Please check the address so I can get my check out right away!
  • Options
    OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest (by far) coin scam around is being perpetrated by the TPG's with their highly successful promotion which states that a piece of plastic with a numbered paper label inserted is all that anyone needs to look at in order to "invest in rare coins". image

No one will EVER convince me that this is not much worse for the hobby than anything ever done by an E-bay seller or his shill.
    Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Kranky Scam Protection
    PO Box D
    Gullible, PA 19101

When I tried to print my mailing label, usps.com told me that zip code 19101 is actually Philadelphia. Please check the address so I can get my check out right away! >>

Gullible is actually next to Naive PA
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    FB Roosevelts

FBL Franklins

FS Jeffs

All potential scam areas due to PCGS's fluctuating strike designation "standards"!
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

<< <i>I have a list of current coin scams which I've collected through insider contacts at collector organizations, various law enforcement agencies at all levels, and our network of dealer informants. This information could save you thousands! Protect yourself from 18 different scams being used right now at online venues, coin shops, shows, and in direct advertising, newspapers and periodicals.

Armed with these secrets, you will be better protected against scams than people who are "in the business"!

- Why you should never buy a raw gold coin on ebay!
    - Great deal on that undergraded 1921-S Buffalo? Better check this first!
    - That dealer has nice proof coins but his table lights aren't very strong. There's a reason!

All these scams - and many, many more - are revealed and explained in detail. Don't be one of those who find out the collection they invested many years and many dollars in is worth only a fraction of its cost.

Before you buy another coin, get this information so you don't become the next victim! Shipping is free! You could save many times the cost of this information on just one transaction!

FREE BONUS! If your order is received before July 1, I will include a copy of How to sell coins for top dollar absolutely free!

To get your copy, send $29.99 to:

Kranky Scam Protection
    PO Box D
    Gullible, PA 19101

That's the one I'm working on. image >>

just so long as JT Stanton isnt handling the shipping image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    read about it at ebay>>community>>groups>>type in garageshelf>>Support for the buyers from Garageshelf
    she has her own discussion board on ebay of over 100 people she has stolen money from who purchased gold eagles and maple leaves. we are talking over 500,000 dollars in theft. each person lists the amount stolen by her. yours truly is listed there as well. she fled the country and has possible ties to some arab funding organization. looks like some legal action will occur, but how do you get money from someone overseas?

ebay has no buyer's protection-don't think they will care enough to help you.

the lesson here is do not purchase gold on ebay.

my lesson is learned.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file