Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Franklin proofs - 1953 and 1954 - prices?

BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
What would be going rate for raw, proof, 1953 and 1954 Franklins?

I have a friend who wants to do a self-made multiholder for her father-in-law for father's day and she was thinking of getting the father-in-law and mother-in-law the years for their birth in proof frankies....

I am not sure of what these would run and, if it is too much, I need to talk to her about it today.......

Also, any suggestions on who to ping on them? She wants nice (ie....not ugly or torn up) but not high grade.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not bought any such proof sets recently, but I suspect that a raw 1954 set would run about $170-$180 and that a raw 1953 set would run about $280-$300.

It has always been my experience that for these proofs sets from the 50's, the half comprises 60% of its value. Thus for a raw 54 half you could probably get one about $100-$110 and your could get a raw 53 half for about $170-$180.

If a year set is the object, then it would make sense to simply buy a complete proof set.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have not bought any such proof sets recently, but I suspect that a raw 1954 set would run about $170-$180 and that a raw 1953 set would run about $280-$300.

It has always been my experience that for these proofs sets from the 50's, the half comprises 60% of its value. Thus for a raw 54 half you could probably get one about $100-$110 and your could get a raw 53 half for about $170-$180.

If a year set is the object, then it would make sense to simply buy a complete proof set. >>

Thanks Sanction....

I've told my friend the prices and she is now looking at either the proof quarters for those 2 years, or, the MS versions of the '53 and '54 halves.
    She has a budget she is trying to stay within and this is a gift for her father in law, so I am trying to help her on those.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bochiman, your welcome. SanctionII.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file