That's nice.
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    superbimage

now please show me the o- 126
    127(overrated and overhyped)
    and 128 small head flowing hair half dollars
  • Options

<< <i>Mmmmmmm, where's the drooling icon?

That's nice. >>

This one? image
    Proudly upholding derelict standards for five decades.
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coin- congrats.
    Is this a new one to the collection?
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    first let me say it is an amazing coin in any condition.

but has that coin been whizzed?
    has it been dipped repeatedly?

for the average collector of such coins, is that all that
    is reachable for the average joe?

interesting die cracks. if that is what they are.

thanks to anyone who can chime in.

nysoto, no offense meant. for all i know that is a problem
    free coin and just looks odd in the picture to me.
  • Options
    mepotmepot Posts: 585 ✭✭✭
    Nice coin,F12-15, probably netted down for an old cleaning.That would have become a massive cud after a few

more strikes.I wonder if there are any out there after the die broke away.That would be veryimage

I like it.
    computer illiterate,becoming coin literate with the help of this forum.
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice coin,F12-15, probably netted down for an old cleaning.That would have become a massive cud after a few

more strikes.I wonder if there are any out there after the die broke away.That would be veryimage

I like it. >>

I have never heard of one found with the cud, but I agree-THAT would be a coin and a half....
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is one same O-110a, probably a bit earlier though. Thanks for posting that Nysoto.

Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    NysotoNysoto Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the comments. FC, no offense taken, you should see some of my really bad coins! The coin is not original, it was probably wiped a long, long time ago, as it does not have the glossy look of a recently wiped coin. It does not have hairlines from an abrasive cleaning, some of the lines are on the plastic. It has a nice look to it, and I bought it a number of months ago for the very late die state.

Flowing Hair half dollars have probably tripled in value the last 10 years, the Cleaney/Green/Clarke/Norweb/Brilliant/Jung O.110a in MS63 sold for $77,000 in 2004. A F12 would cost you $800 in 1999, currently they are $1500 - $2800, depending on quality, if you can find them. Stman's is a very nice coin of excellent quality and higher grade, an earlier die state. My example is as late of die state that I have seen, with branch cracks off the two main cracks.

Michael - my 128 and 127a are at the bank, I will take pics when I can. I think the 127a is one of the most impressive of all Flowing Hair halves with the small head and massive die crack that ended the die marriage, only 14-17, or so, are known of the 127 die marriage, and less of 127a.

edit- this die crack type is sometimes called a "broken cookie" die crack, which occurred on many 1794 and 1795 dies.
    Robert Scot: Engraving Liberty - biography of US Mint's first chief engraver

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file