Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Congrats to SMB - 1970 Kellogg's

I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.

Comments

• Options
    That's great! Now Steven only needs to find a M. Garrett PSA 10 and he completes the 70 Kellogg's football set in all PSA 10 too. Time to celebrate!!image
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Congratulations definitely in order. Any complete set deserves applause. A set in 10 deserves a standing O.
  • Options
    Absolutely incredible.
    What I find most impressive is that there are 11 pop 1's in that set. I just can't believe that you could actually get all of them in one collection.
    Congratualtions,
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!! Very impressive...

Robert
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Steve,

Happy I could contribute to your set and doubly happy you were the first one to achieve this.

Wondering about one thing. The Mincher I believe is a pop 1. KK swore that he would sell this to Gemmintman only as would other collectors(none of which did) who had cards he needed.

Jim

• Options
    There are 3 Mincher 10's. As noted in his set, Steve's was his own submission.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Congrats!

That's a beautiful set and yours can never be topped. Nice job!
  • Options
    Thanks to all for the kind words. It has been a joy to hunt these down - whether via eBay, trade, or my own submissions (although the latter are admittedly much more fun).

I was fortunate to complete a big trade with Dan Vice last fall for several 1/1s from the tough 16-30 series, and near the end had some help from various collectors (Davalillo, Mayor Mick, etc.) to track down some of the tough ones left. I then had two great late submissions to nail down some very tough 10s like Kranepool, Reichardt and Brooks Robinson, then when I was at 4 left I scored 10s on Mincher, Nolan and Murcer. The final card, the Powell, was then, with EXTREME generosity, obtained from Bill V (thegemmintman himself) in a trade. It is not everyday that the previous owner of the #1 position (and HoF awarded at that) is generous enough to swap out a 1/1 to a new guy. That behavior, encountered in thsi modern age, is worth more to me than the set itself and will never be forgotten.

Obviously, completing such an endeavor is rarely ever accomplished alone, and this was no exception. I only hope my reciprocal trades were of equal or greater value.
  • Options
    Its really nice to see nice guys helping nice guys.

Congrats to Steve and kudos to thegemmintman.
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Steve,

Congrats again.

I stand corrected on the Mincher--was a pop 1 last time I checked.

Kudos to the Gemmintman who I never thought would be #2 in this set.

You are certainly right on the generosity of fellow collectors. I never would have completed as many sets as I have without help from my collecting friennds.

Jim
  • Options
    Steve, once again - much congratulations! The speed at which you climbed to the top spot was astonishing, and you deserve great accolades for your outstanding achievement. The whole thing was amazing to watch, and I'm very happy that I could help you with the last card you needed. I still think the Registry should have "TILTED" when you hit 10.0! Way to go man image.
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The final card, the Powell, was then, with EXTREME generosity, obtained from Bill V (thegemmintman himself) in a trade. >>

Gemmint always showed he was all class from day 1!

Congrats on your accomplishment.

aconte
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Class act all the way, Bill.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    Steve,

Further congrats! In purchasing three of my PSA 10's, Steve was more than cordial. Bravo!

Mike

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports