Home U.S. Coin Forum

New Jersey coins shops?

ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
I will be flying into New Jersey this weekend and will take Monday and Tuesday roaming around the areas. Does anyone know of any other coin shops near Trenton/ Princeton besides Trenton stamp and coin? Thanks. -Dan

Comments

• tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    Head across the water to Phila, there are numerous shops with a 25 mile radius.......some high dollar stuff and some pawn shop like junk.
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    Here are some ones I hit....Edelmans and Harry's had the most sales to me.

Avena Rare Coin
    1616 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA
    (215) 755-5622

Lawndale Coin & Collectibles
    6322 Rising Sun Ave, Philadelphia, PA
    (215) 745-8911

Philly Stamp & Coin Co Inc
    1804 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA
    (215) 563-7341

Capo's Coins & Collectible
    1620 E Passyunk Ave, Philadelphia, PA
    (215) 468-4500

U S Coin & Currency Shop
    7934 Oxford Ave, Philadelphia, PA
    (215) 342-7600

Harry's Coin Ctr
    1846 E Allegheny Ave, Philadelphia, PA
    (215) 423-8775

Main Line Coin & Stamp Inc
    16 E Lancaster Ave, Ardmore, PA
    (610) 649-7900

Edelman's
    301 Old York Rd, Jenkintown, PA
    (215) 572-6480
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,439 ✭✭✭
    I will be flying into New Jersey this weekend and will take Monday and Tuesday roaming around the areas. Does anyone know of any other coin shops near Trenton/ Princeton besides Trenton stamp and coin? Thanks. -Dan

your right in my neck of the woods.

if you're in ewing (listed as trenton, but in the trenton suburbs easily accessed by I95) you can try
    sam colavia
    209 scotch road, trenton, nj 08628

he's personally helped me out a few times, very nice guy.

in newtown, pa, just over the bridge for I95 which connects NJ and PA (7 min away from colavias, again, easy to get to from I95)
    newtown coin and stamp
    129 north state street
    newtown pa 18940

it's more of a 'hole in the wall' type place, but they have tons of stuff in there. lady there is very nice and extremely knowledgeable.

the benefit of newtown is state street is a very cool street to take a walk down, a bunch of shops, places to eat, things to walk in and browse (record exchange, book store, coffee etc)
    nice historic area if you're looking to spend an hour or so

this was an attempted edit image
  • you should stop in for a chat with harry foreman, in the philly area. he's got a thousand stories, picking up 20-30 bags of bu morgans from the federal resrve in philly, and shipping them out the same day at philly airport and many more.
  • BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    In Hamilton, which is the southeast part of Trenton is Colonial Valley Coins. I've never been to the shop, but he attends the local shows, is a nice guy and has some nice, older stuff.

I'll have to stop in the Newtown shop one of these days. It's pretty close to me, but I was only in there once, about 10 years ago.
  • zrlevinzrlevin Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

<< <i>In Hamilton, which is the southeast part of Trenton is Colonial Valley Coins. I've never been to the shop, but he attends the local shows, is a nice guy and has some nice, older stuff.

I'll have to stop in the Newtown shop one of these days. It's pretty close to me, but I was only in there once, about 10 years ago. >>

That's my local dealer ( I live about half an hour south of them) and I've been there 5 or 6 times. They're very nice and helpful.
    Zach
  • PhillyJoePhillyJoe Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭
    Main Line Coins in Ardmore is one of the few I've been to; probably a 45 minute ride from Trenton area. They are at all the major shows. Owner's son is now a grader at PCGS.

Delaware Valley Rare Coins is in Broomall, PA which is 15 minutes from Ardmore.

Joe
    The Philadelphia Mint: making coins since 1792. We make money by making money. Now in our 225th year thanks to no competition. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file