Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Yet another true story of the US Mint...............

I come home today to find a message on my recorder from the US Mint saying that since my order for my Franklin Commemoratives has problems I need to call them. Apparently because my shipping address (PO Box that I use all the time) is different from my home billing address so I have to fax a signed letter today authorizing the charges or my order will be cancelled.
I call "customer service" and I was extremely polite. I ask if this is a new policy?........she doesn't know. I ask if this is done to everyone who has a different shipping address and she says she does not know again. I ask for a supervisor who would know and she tells me that it's "not going to happen" and rudely and repeatedly cuts me off.
I don't understand these people. I'm quite certain this is retaliation for the complaint about shipping delays I made to my US Representative last year. Unfortunately that's the only option I have unless call.........."customer service." Get it!

So..........I'm supposed to fax this letter today or lose my order? Like I have a fax machine in my home. Some do, but most folks DO NOT. These people are unreal. OK rant over.
Everything I write is my opinion.

Looking for alot of crap.

Comments

• Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

I always have the Mint ship to my PO box without any problems.

I enter my home address as the billing address and my PO box as the shipment address.

Works every time for me, so image
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    My PO BOX is my billing and shipping address for all US Mint transactions yet whenever I order Platinum Eagles they put my order on hold. Their explanation - Proof Platinum Eagles are expensive. DUH ! They offer them - I want them - where is the problem?

This year may not be a problem. I might not order from them. If I want a Proof Platinum from them I'm going to DC and hand select a Coins. Tired of getting their problem coins.
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it seems it's best to make it easy for them and there are fewer problems. Use the same Billing address as charge address and shipping address, use same charge everytime so you don't have to enter more fields on the order from, use a charge so there aren't any checks moving around, and you will know when it shipped because that's when they punch your ticket on your card. No need to call to see if it shipped because the status will be on the "track order" drop-down at the on-line mint site. I've been ordering from them for years and I have yet to talk to anyone there. Maybe that's OK.

Saul Goode
  • Options
    I went thru my posts from last year and thought this may help. It worked for me. The Customer Service folks are in plano Texas and are contracted for the US Mint. They are not employees. When I called D.C. and spoke to a Manager I gave them the names of the people in the call center. They said they would report it and it was unacceptable. I had my order in hand 3 days later.

Sunday June 19, 2005 1:13 PM

I CALLED INFO FOR D.C AND THEN WENT ONLINE. YES THEY ARE ALL GOOD #'S AS I CALLED THEM
    SO, as a public service and just because I am generally pissed off..Here for your dialing pleasure are the numbers to call....LETS GET OUR SETS DELIVERED.

Public Information- 202-874-3134
    Customer Service- (not the idiots at the 800 #) - 202-283-2646
    US Mint main # - 202-589-0112
    Press Office - 202-354-7222
    Public Affairs- 202-354-7227

I WILL get some answers with all these numbers to call... I'm just that determined.

• Options
    Great!! Thanks for the phone numbers. I will be using them.
    Everything I write is my opinion.

Looking for alot of crap.
  • Options
    carlcarl Posts: 2,054
    Best call fast. Soon enough the government will outsourse any problems with the Mint to either Mexico (now called California) or India. If in India, you'll be talking to the same people that answer for AOL and HP.
    AND soon enough you'll see Mint marks on Coins such as I for India when they move the Mint there.
    The brighter side is your order will be delivered by CAB.
    Carl
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is my understanding that the Mint is having a tremendous problem with credit card fraud, people buying Proof gold and platinum eagles on cards and then stiffing the credit card company. Eventually the Mint gets the chargeback from the credit card company.

If this is so, then perhaps the Mint is just being extra cautious on orders above a certain dollar level, requiring that the billing address and the shipping address be the same. It is inconvenient, but not unreasonable.

TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

<< <i>I went thru my posts from last year and thought this may help. It worked for me. The Customer Service folks are in plano Texas and are contracted for the US Mint. They are not employees. When I called D.C. and spoke to a Manager I gave them the names of the people in the call center. They said they would report it and it was unacceptable. I had my order in hand 3 days later.

Sunday June 19, 2005 1:13 PM

I CALLED INFO FOR D.C AND THEN WENT ONLINE. YES THEY ARE ALL GOOD #'S AS I CALLED THEM
    SO, as a public service and just because I am generally pissed off..Here for your dialing pleasure are the numbers to call....LETS GET OUR SETS DELIVERED.

Public Information- 202-874-3134
    Customer Service- (not the idiots at the 800 #) - 202-283-2646
    US Mint main # - 202-589-0112
    Press Office - 202-354-7222
    Public Affairs- 202-354-7227

I WILL get some answers with all these numbers to call... I'm just that determined. >>

I just tried the 202-283-2646 number and it was disconnected... anyone else have the updated real customer service number(not the 1-800 one that the reps don't seem to have a clue)????
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Of course if someone stole your credit card and ordered something sent to a PO BOX none of you would complain or have your credit card company charge it back.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file