Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Upcoming Atlanta Show - I can only attend it on Sunday. Is it worth it?

I would love to go on Saturday, but work calls. Will there still be a good selection/representation on Sunday?

Comments

• Options

<< <i>I would love to go on Saturday, but work calls. Where there still be a good selection/representation on Sunday? >>

ANA rules state that dealers may not leave before Sunday without facing a penalty. That being said, most of the hot shot dealers leave early anyway. You will still find plenty of wannabe dealers (we are at table 738) at the show on Sunday, so I say it is indeed worth your time to go on Sunday.
    www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!
  • Options
    JulianJulian Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭
    I will be there on Sunday, as well, until 2P. Please stop by and say hello.
    PNG member, numismatic dealer since 1965. Operates a retail store, also has exhibited at over 1000 shows.
    I firmly believe in numismatics as the world's greatest hobby, but recognize that this is a luxury and without collectors, we can all spend/melt our collections/inventories.

eBaystore
  • Options
    I'm going to Atlanta. It's my very first Coin Show. I'll be there Friday and Saturday. Hope to catch a couple of the classes while I'm there. Has anyone taken the ALL-DAY Coin Grading class? If so, is it worth all that time?
    image Scottish Fold Gold
  • Options

<< <i>I will be there on Sunday, as well, until 2P. Please stop by and say hello. >>

What's your table?
  • Options
    wayneherndonwayneherndon Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there until 2:00 on Sunday. Table 144.

WH
  • Options
    where exactly is the show being held? Ii saw an address of

2 Galeria Parkway - this is a shopping complex is my memory is correct. There is also a hotel there.

Just asking since I plan to be there on Friday
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Here is the website for it.
    Cobb Galleria Centre
    Two Galleria Parkway
    Atlanta, Georgia 30339
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    thanks for the information.

I spent too many days and nights at the hotel adjacent to the galleria. it was home office to my old company and the boss did not like to stray too far.

will bring back memories -- good and not so good
  • Options
    rkfishrkfish Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    We'll be at table #148 until 2pm on Sunday.image
    Steve

Check out my PQ selection of Morgan & Peace Dollars, and more at:
    WWW.PQDOLLARS.COM or WWW.GILBERTCOINS.COM
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In answer to your question:

Probably not. ANA rules or not, it's pathetic what Sundays are like in comparison to earlier days in the show.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After being on the road for weeks at a time....ANA will complete 9 straight weekends of shows for me.....yes dealers do leave a bit early....that being said.....this is a chicken and egg situation....if shows had good turnouts on Sunday...more dealers would stay.....the ones that do stay are there to do business.....in answer to your question....even if half the dealers are there it is still worth coming in....I would suggest that you get there bright and early since by midday dealers will start packing up........many dealers will for the sake of a few more sales offer some good bargain pricing and sometimes because it is not as busy may have more time to chat.....so yes....do stop in on Sun...hope to see you, please stop by our table!
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Most of the bourse table dealers are mandated to stay until Sunday afternoon, so attending on Sunday morning may be okay.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file