Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1992 Stadium Club Brett Favre

Can some one tell me why this card is so popular?

Comments

• Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    High number and first premium card of a popular hall of famer in his packer uniform?

Just a guess.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>High number and first premium card of a popular hall of famer in his packer uniform?

Just a guess. >>

Right on

Matt
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Packers uniform is the biggest reason. I remember that the 1992 card wasn't always more valuable than the 1991 card. If someone has a 1993 Beckett it would be interesting to see.
    Mike
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Oct 93 beckett high column 1991 $24 up arrow , 1992 $55 no arrow.
  • Options
    1991 Stadium was a mass quantity issue with 1992 production down significantly, but strill relatively high. Example 1991 Stadium Farve has 509 cards graded PSA 10's; 1991 53 PSA 10's. PS.......I love the Packers almost as much as the RED WINGS !!imageimage
    My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    I thought the 92's were high numbered short prints and that is what made the Favre card higher.

• Options
    The 1992 Stadium Club third series was a retail only product printed in relatively shorter supply than either of the first two series. I remember trading the Aikman and another star from the high series for some Phillies 1993 Finest base cards of Kruk and Dykstra. Sounds kind of silly now but back then both products were that hot, and the Phillies were doing well that year.
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    High numbered series and a packer uniform are the key reasons.

There are simply less 92's.

Also, and this is somewhat key too. 92 is the first year they spelled his name right!!! the 91 stadium club is Brett Farve.

shawn
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    It is just because of the print run. It has nothing to do with what team or uniform or however they spelled his name. Look at the prices of all the cards in that series. They are all high
  • Options
    What series is the Favre card in ??

• Options

<< <i>What series is the Favre card in ?? >>

High Series = Series 3
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    This is what I always heard? The Quarterbacks have/had a seperate type agreement , sort of like their own player association, and for some reason couldn't strike a deal with Topps in 1992 . This is the reason all the Quarterbacks are in series 3 Topps products in 1992 .
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    sweet card!
  • Options
    Cool looking card, Brett looks like a youngster !

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    My Favorite Favre! One year later and some of the nicest Football cards ever produced!Notice licensed by the NFL Quarterback Club.
    imageimage
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    jackstraw,

That is a great card design. Even though I'm a Vikings (and Broncos) fan, I have the utmost respect for Brett Favre as a player and a human being. If there was ever any doubt as to whether I could appreciate a Packer, it was erased forever on that Monday Night Football game after his father passed away. I could not believe what Brett did and how he handled the grief he had to have been feeling. I was (more?!) useless during the days after my mother passed away in '84...I can't imagine being in the MNF limelight so soon after such a loss...

hh
  • Options
    Thanks for the information.
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Curious search result...

Bret* Favre = 9099 Items
    Bret* Farve = 590 Items

Of course, the correct spelling is Favre, but I would not have imagined this
    many (590) listings with an incorrect spelling of Favre's name...Very
    surprising...

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    I think people purposely list things under 'farve' because they know people search for that looking for steals.

John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    are there actually series 3 wax boxes out there? i see a pack on the bay for $25 but no one jumping on it and some singles but no wax. bbce doesn't have any either.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    this auction doesn't seem right.. he has a bunch of 92 stadium club favre cards.. all ungraded.. if you are cracking boxes of this stuff.. why not spend a couple extra bucks to grade the cards.. and all are only a buck.. i know auctions spike in cost the last 10 min.. but it this seems strange to me. do you guys think this is legit? or am i just over valuing this card?? i don't so much about condition.. i would be happy with a psa 8.. i'm just concerned about the authenticity

http://cgi.ebay.com/1992-STADIUM-CLUB-BRETT-FAVRE_W0QQitemZ140361990962QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Football?hash=item20ae3a0332
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    Positive and successful transactions with:
    LeagueLeader; IJustLoveCards; Recbball; msassin; leathtech; lsutigers1973; Bosox1976; Dboneesq; Aric; Bkritz
  • Options

<< <i>Curious search result...

Bret* Favre = 9099 Items
    Bret* Farve = 590 Items

Of course, the correct spelling is Favre, but I would not have imagined this
    many (590) listings with an incorrect spelling of Favre's name...Very
    surprising...

/s/ JackWESQ >>

That is a pretty high percent.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>are there actually series 3 wax boxes out there? i see a pack on the bay for $25 but no one jumping on it and some singles but no wax. bbce doesn't have any either. >>

BBCE has a box listed at $900.00.

There are also two boxes listed on ebay.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Favre Link >>

What an annoying background. Must be a Myspace user
  • Options

<< <i>this auction doesn't seem right.. he has a bunch of 92 stadium club favre cards.. all ungraded.. if you are cracking boxes of this stuff.. why not spend a couple extra bucks to grade the cards.. and all are only a buck.. i know auctions spike in cost the last 10 min.. but it this seems strange to me. do you guys think this is legit? or am i just over valuing this card?? i don't so much about condition.. i would be happy with a psa 8.. i'm just concerned about the authenticity

http://cgi.ebay.com/1992-STADIUM-CLUB-BRETT-FAVRE_W0QQitemZ140361990962QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Football?hash=item20ae3a0332 >>

Check out his feedback. He just got a neg from someone who bought a 92 SC Favre from him. The feedback itself tells me to avoid bidding at all costs.
  • Options
    He also has feedback from sales of graded '92 stadium Club Favres. I'm guessing the raw ones he is selling didn't make the cut...
  • Options
    Well from working in my friends shop for the last 8 years or so, I think we have maybe had one or two boxes of the series three from 1992. Very hard to find.