Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

OK...what's with the leader in this contest at $1.25MM!?????

saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
something's wrong.....are people finding printing errors and making $$ from them??

I'd love to know how a portfolio goes up 25% in a day?

Comments

• Options
    HOLY CHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is that.........................

Dan
    Fishing is not a matter of life and death.......It's much more important than that........
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    If I told you, you'd only use that information to catch up.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    weren't me JB.... I went from a million to 991 grand in one day.... not to mention I am in 270 th place image...

So much for gold and platinum, eh ? image And would you believe what I did make money on was an extra leaf MODERN ?.... I sold it right away

Joe

ZINC is UP ? image
  • Options
    No I wouldn't. I never entered to win because my area of expertise is highly limited. I entered to play. I barely know what the better Lincoln Cents are.

I just wonder what anomoly jumped 25% and did the participant have all their $$ in that one or few coins?

I guess you could buy 2000 $500 coins that go to $625......that's what I'm thinnking!
  • Options
    That person was not in the top 10 on friday

That means they went up at least 255k over the weekend !

Not a bad weekend...............Knocked me down to 20th

Dan
    Fishing is not a matter of life and death.......It's much more important than that........
  • Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    Nice job!!! I have been at 0+ since I started. Although this am I woke to find that I am actually up $1k......however, I cannot find where the gain was as my portfolio doesn't show where the change was?????
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    zeus135zeus135 Posts: 1,043
    Wow, that is quite a jump.

I was #61 after the first few days, after gaining a measley $320 with IHC's. The I took a $1000 loss, after 100 Washington's I had dove $10 each. I'm now in 265th place, but I'm only $680 below 1 Mil. Things are tight in the middle of the pack.
    My humble '63 mint registry set, not much, but it's mine!
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    I gained 5K overnightimage Went from #98 to #70image
  • Options
    Well I'm #42 at $1,010,250...doing it the hard way! No hoarding...mostly POP 1-2-3 coins...some really old stuff because every at every auction I'm at they go higher than anyone expects. It seems like ANYTHING that's 18th century is a hot coin. I'd rather own them in hand that hypothetically. image

Oh, the Saints are upticking nicely too...I do have some avorites there. And a lot of really stupid stuff that I just bought with NO research! image
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And a lot of really stupid stuff that I just bought with NO research

Hint to gugu: when smoebody gives you a tip, buy the right coin! [you dolt!] image
  • Options
    poorguypoorguy Posts: 4,317
    I noticed Platinum moving up on Friday but the price guide was a tad behind spot and picked up 75 or so $100 pieces. It seems that the price guide corrected and I made a couple of bucks. The rest of the coins I've picked out are coming up in the next few auctions and if they don't perform, I'll dump them before the price is reflected in the PCGS price guide. If they do incredibly well, then I'll wait until the price guide reflects the change and then I'll dump them for coins coming out in coming auctions. I've already picked out a few gems in the ANR sale that seem to have considerable potential.
    Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't made or lost a single cent image
  • Options
    How SWEET it is.image
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm up 7% in a week and not even close to that collector. Just goes to show ya! image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    p8ntp8nt Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭
    I wish PCGS customer service would get back to me so I can finally play.. image
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Stagnation here.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    I'm moved into 29th @ $1,020,000. All of mine is in CC Coins.
  • Options
    I'm up $99 by not joining....................image
    imageDo not taunt Happy Fun Ball image
  • Options
    Yeah..but you're a CUBS fan. image

Kerry Woods is off to his typical surgery start this season. image
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with CUBS fans............

I'm a BEARS fan too...............

Dan
  • Options
    morgannut2morgannut2 Posts: 4,293

<< <i>I noticed Platinum moving up on Friday but the price guide was a tad behind spot and picked up 75 or so $100 pieces. It seems that the price guide corrected and I made a couple of bucks. The rest of the coins I've picked out are coming up in the next few auctions and if they don't perform, I'll dump them before the price is reflected in the PCGS price guide. If they do incredibly well, then I'll wait until the price guide reflects the change and then I'll dump them for coins coming out in coming auctions. I've already picked out a few gems in the ANR sale that seem to have considerable potential. >>

Damn Poorboy--I picked the best out of ANR and some guy had already bought them all. I can't even get an 1880S Morgan at ANR for $14000!!image
    morgannut2
  • Options
    ILikeMercsILikeMercs Posts: 1,392

<< <i>Yeah..but you're a CUBS fan. image

Kerry Woods is off to his typical surgery start this season. image >>

one man does not a team make.............Phillies, I mean Sox sux.
  • Options
    ILikeMercsILikeMercs Posts: 1,392
    even that little Dachshund thinks Sox suck...................image
  • Options
    Damn Poorboy--I picked the best out of ANR and some guy had already bought them all. I can't even get an 1880S Morgan at ANR for $14000!!

That one won't affect the price guide. It's a toner and will bring atypically strong money because of it.
    Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    I have over 200 nice coins in mine and have only made $400 dollars on a couple of low end 1/2 cent pieces I picked up for a make beleive type set.
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    I am up!

Yes UP .011%. That is $110, with my biggest percentage gain being on a modern Lincoln. The other gain was on a 1793 half cent.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    up $3,500 today and dropped down 11 spots image
  • Options
    I've never noticed the prices move during the day. I'm guessing it's just updated all at once at midnight or something right?
  • Options
    Yes...I think so.

It's amazing how all th ANR NY Collection coins are gone. Y'all better hope it's a good auction. image
  • Options
    It's amazing how all th ANR NY Collection coins are gone. Y'all better hope it's a good auction.

If it isn't, I'll just sell of the ones that don't perform before the guide is updated. There's a pretty good buffer zone. image

Anyway, the ones I have included from the ANR sale are already over the PCGS guide numbers. image
  • Options
    Geez...and you BACKPEDDALED on the toned Peace dollar? image
  • Options
    Geez...and you BACKPEDDALED on the toned Peace dollar?

Easy, it's still sore down there. image
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    I bought 20 of PF 69 UC 2004 $50 Platinum on Friday and they went up $150.00 for a total of $1350.00. Now at 32nd place down from 16th on Friday.
  • Options
    I rank at #88

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file