Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

anyone collect seated halfs?

I found this cleaning up and forgot I got this many years ago - I'd like to trade for something interesting. If you have something interesting that you want to trade even stevens, post it here!

My Registry Sets! PCGS Registry

Comments

• Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    I just started collecting Seated half dollars by date and mint. I am also collecting 1861-O Seated half dollars by die marriage.

It is a little low grade for my set, but I could still be game. What would you like?

PM me.

Tom

Tom

• Options
    clw54clw54 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just started collecting Seated half dollars by date and mint. I am also collecting 1861-O Seated half dollars by die marriage.

It is a little low grade for my set, but I could still be game. What would you like?

PM me.

Tom >>

That 1878-S is pricey.
  • Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    Sorta,kinda,not really used to collect them...nice coinimage
  • Options
    slipgateslipgate Posts: 2,301 ✭✭
    1909 S lincoln? Early bust dollar? Probably not? Make it something interesting - this is probably worth maybe $40. I mostly collect Morgans but like dimes too. I like anything unusual.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are those long and dark scratches on the reverse photo actually on the coin? If so, that makes a huge difference in value and desireability.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to collect the Philadelphia issues of the seated half dollar series.

The 1873 With Arrows has nice original color but if those are scratches that really kills the coin. I guess it would be good for a album though.
  • Options
    Those scratches are on the coin - I thought they were die cracks. The coin is raw and I have owned it for about 25 years. I guess I could try to rub them out... image
  • Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Aren't you basically insane to collect these as a means other then type wise?

Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Kinda belongs on the BST board....
  • Options
    yeah - I was wondering when the BST catagory would come up. That seems to be a place for people to advertise their ebay auctions. I rarely visit it and think others may also not visit it.

I am not looking to make anything on this coin and thought offering it to the readers of this board would be better for whoever wanted it. I almost put a "free to good home" on it. I just hate to see a coin where it doesn't belong when I know someone out there will appreciate it more than I.

The trade offer was to make it interesting and not just get someone who would throw it on EBay for a quick $25. I know that we can't all afford the high dollar PCGS MS graded type coins, so this is a good hole-filler for someone in need of it. I do have a few other coins laying around that I really don't want but are not worth it to sell on EBay - various mercs, rooselvelts, washington quarters, etc. - maybe I'll just put them all on 1 big auction and see how it goes.
  • Options

<< <i>Aren't you basically insane to collect these as a means other then type wise? >>

Yes image
    Cam-Slam 2-6-04
    3 "DAMMIT BOYS"
    4 "YOU SUCKS"
    Numerous POTD (But NONE officially recognized)
    Seated Halves are my specialty !
    Seated Half set by date/mm COMPLETE !
    Seated Half set by WB# - 289 down / 31 to go !!!!!
    (1) "Smoebody smack him" from CornCobWipe !
    IN MEMORY OF THE CUOF image
  • Options
    au58au58 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭
    I guess you could say that the 300 or so Seated Halfs I have is a type coin collection.
  • Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭

300 different?

Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • Options
    au58au58 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭
    No, I have multiples of many dates and varieties. I do not have all years and mintmarks or varieties, and never set out to complete either. I just like Seated Halves (and Dollars).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file