Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Superbowl sniping pays off.....

Picked up the following tonight....

1941-S PCGS MS66FB merc(Addition to my Green Label set)
1948-D PCGS MS65FBL Frankie
1951-D PCGS MS65FBL Frankie
1952-D PCGS MS65FBL Frankie

None were even close to my max bids.

Anyone else have luck during the game?

Comments

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep....

Got lucky on 2, lost on a couple more.
    Sniped while I watched the game image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    No need to snipe placed my bid and won it.... 1835 Quarter
    Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about. -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    I started a kennedy proof set today.
    I picked up 6 Proof 69 DCAM and 1 Proof 68 DCAM for what i thought were decent bids.
    But then again i may have over paid as i know less than nothing about this series.
    "Everyday above ground is a good day"

• Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    Didn't see a Morgan that interested me to bid on except a toned raw end roller which looked good to me with the shadows around the stars. In the end I passed and it sold for $28.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    I bought a worn barber half that Im going to use as a ballmark this upcoming golf season.
    Does that count ?
  • Options
    I picked up two tonight, upgraded my Kennedy 1970(s) PCGS to a 69DCAM for just a little over $300 plus picked up a 1939(S) MS66RD Lincoln for a little over $31 counting postage and insurance. I got out bidded on four more, (guess they wanted it more then I did).

Tim
  • Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭
    The few I was watching went for more then I wanted to pay, so I passed.....

My prime target for tomarrow 1907 $2.50 PCGS-62 is sitting at $570 with the juice right now, probably more then I want to pay for a type coin..... image
    Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked this up for the collection....fourth one I've bought but the first I have from 1923
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tough 1917 DDO Cent that closed during the fourth quarter for about 60% of my max bid. image

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was sniped during the SB. I am not pleased image
  • Options
    I pulled this snipe off on a "Greattoning" coin in the last minute of the game.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>upgraded my Kennedy 1970(s) PCGS to a 69DCAM for just a little over $300 >>

Tim,

I saw that auction. You got a hell of a rip, and the seller lost his ass. You should feel guilty. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah...bad luck....had some of my auctions ending on SUN night....forgot about the superbowl when I listed them .....oh well
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,656 ✭✭✭✭✭

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>upgraded my Kennedy 1970(s) PCGS to a 69DCAM for just a little over $300 >>

Tim,

I saw that auction. You got a hell of a rip, and the seller lost his ass. You should feel guilty. image

Russ, NCNE >>

A little over $300 for a DCAM '70 Kennedy is a hell of a deal? WoW.
  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭

Tom
    Tom

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A little over $300 for a DCAM '70 Kennedy is a hell of a deal? WoW. >>

It's a $450 to $500 coin.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
    I think the CIA computers have flagged this thread and entered in to their database so watch out!
    Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector
  • Options
    Russ,

On the 1970S DC PCGS Kennedy, I put my bid in for $475 with one second left, I thought I was being fair, but nobody wanted to play. Auction ended at $308 and with postage / insurance my total cost was $314. (I'm happy with this upgrade.)

Tim
  • Options

<< <i>Didn't see a Morgan that interested me to bid on except a toned raw end roller which looked good to me with the shadows around the stars. In the end I passed and it sold for $28. >>

I got that one. Made $28.00 bid with 1 hour and 7 minutes left and it won. Should be interesting.image
    ANA 1197201
    Vietnam Vet 69-70 - Semper Fi
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess people are either hung over or on their way to Long Beach, because I just snagged this wild multi-error Lincoln for the opening bid. It's been a nice few days for the bargain hunters.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file