Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Why do people wait until their set is done before registering it?

Aren't they missing out on part of the fun... starting at the bottom and working their way up?

Comments

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not if they buy the whole set at one time.
  • Options
    Do you have a set listed? Link?
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you don't have 3 or 4 folks a lookin fer the same coin OR have smoeone buy it jis so that other guy caint have it OR if I buy a coin a knowin that you need or want it and then a jackin the price WAAAYYYY up on ye. Smoe folks take this Registry game REEL serious like cuz they gots BEEG egos and a big bank account to go with it. An I spose jes like me n you they are also addicted to them there coins.
  • Options
    That's for the 1% who are trying to put together a #1 or #2 set. I've just seen a lot of more modest collections, where nothing like that would happen, not register until the end.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If listing your coins on some internet site is needed to enjoy building a set, you need a different hobby.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    I think A LOT of people then need a different hobby!
  • Options
    Bajjerfan I have to give you props on your syntax its spot on.

Im still laughing.

Im from hickville myself so I know.
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    I intend on registereing my set some day, but for some unknown reason I have no interest in doing so until it's almost complete.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    Hey Lincolns,

Im starting to worry no one wanted the 1986 MS68RD @$490. Should I be????
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Aren't they missing out on part of the fun... starting at the bottom and working their way up? >>

I suppose so if the topic was oral se*!! image
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's commonly for marketing. Someone quietly builds a set and enjoys it, then registers it shortly before auction.
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.