Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

San Jose, CA Coin Show This Weekend

WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
For those of you who are on the West Coast, this weekend brings a great opportunity for you to attend an excellent coin show. The San Jose Coin Show is this coming weekend. The show is located at Parkside Hall (old convention center) at 180 Park Avenue in San Jose, CA. Parkside Hall is located 1/2 block from the VTA Convention Center light rail station, across the street from the McEnery Convention Center and next door to the Tech Museum of Innovation. Hours are 10am to 6pm Friday and Saturday and 10am to 4pm on Sunday. This is a show where most dealers will be in attendance on Saturday and Sunday.

My group and I will be set up with a table at this show. Please stop by and introduce yourself. Can I count on anybody here to be in attendance?
Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"

Comments

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going until my lady volunteered me to pull out her friends cat pee stained carpet this weekend image
  • Options
    I will be attending as the show is within walking distance from where I work.

Here's a linky to the san jose web page showing hotels, etc. SJ

• Options
    I'll be there Friday at Lunchtime and Saturday morning. I'll give show report Friday evening. I'll wear my PCGS Messgae Board Press badge....
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there Friday and Saturday!
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options

<< <i>I'll be there Friday and Saturday! >>

Excellent...see you there.

Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139

<< <i>I was going until my lady volunteered me to pull out her friends cat pee stained carpet this weekend image >>

There's some double entendre for the P-whipped term somewhere in there.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭
    If I can sneak out of work, I'll go Friday. Saturday is filled with kids' birthday parties, and no one's left by Sunday, so why bother?
  • Options
    I'll probably go since the one in Sacramento last weekend was utterly disappointing.
  • Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll probably go since the one in Sacramento last weekend was utterly disappointing. >>

Where? My own town and I never heard.

................Da loozin snoozer
  • Options
    There is a show here this weekend?

Well, I will be there!!!!!!
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    I will definitely be there on Friday and Saturday! This is one of my favorite coin shows to go to other than the Santa Clara show. The show is about 120 tables of mostly excellent dealers.

If you live within driving distance to San Jose I would definitely encourage you to go check out this coin show. It's one of the better ones in California, and it's larger than all the other coin shows not counting Long Beach and Santa Clara.
  • Options
    alfalfaalfalfa Posts: 275 ✭✭
    I'll be there Friday. I'm looking forward to checking the show out again...The last time I went to the SJ show was 1997!

RJ
  • Options
    I will be there on Saturday.
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

• Options
    jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭
    I will be there on Friday. I will wear a USC red shirt.
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • Options
    Anybody else?

I am set up at table #304. Please stop by later in the afternoon on Friday or all day Saturday and come meet the WTCGroup family.

The coins on display will be nice as well.
  • Options
    I was gonna go. Then I remembered Dublin and decided against it. 2hrs there and 4 hrs back.

• Options
    I was at the show earlier today and I will be there again on Saturday. If I get the chance to I will post a show report on Sunday or early next week.
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    I called up a friend to go to lunch today. He said to meet him in San Jose, I live in Sunnyvale. I had no idea the show was going on across the street until he told me he had a table setup and needed to get back to it. Needless to say, I stopped by for a couple of hours. Dealers tables were pretty well stocked but not much in the rare gold area. image
  • Options
    jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭
    I did see some early gold coins. Premium Numismatics has a table in the show and they have some pre-1834 gold coins in AU58 grade. Also, Kagin's also has a table in the show. Don't tell me they don't have rare gold coins. image
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • Options
    Sorry let me define rare as rare dates to my collection. 1908-1933.
  • Options
    I decided to go. I won't be wearing pants so you can recognize me.

• Options
    Hope you are at least wearing diapers. image
  • Options
    I changed mind and wore pants. The floor layout was weird. Very hard to keep track of where you had been. I lost track of a couple coins I was considering and had to go look again. It seemed to me that today (Saturday) was rather subdued but decent business doing. Very hard to find anything unusual. I only found 2 $3 golds until I found a guy I knew and he had some in his "back box." Bot one that had a lot of meat on it. An ANACS 55 that is a 58 all day long and very PQ for the grade. Considering a crack and I could even see a stretch to a 60-61. No real wear on high points but a lil marky in fields. FAR better that what I saw in my other area of interest which is early gold. The grading on the early gold seems to be disregarding Brillo pads as a source of damage. Saw one VERY scrubby 1803 $5 and a couple tens that bore no realistic price for the appearance. The five was HORRIBLE. I can't see "AU" with LOTS of scratches as being worth 24K for only an 1801 and 03 in the tens. And AU was a stretch. Lots of Lib gold and MORRRRGGGAAANNNNSSSSS! Course they're at every show but I don't do anything with them so (for me) they are just background noise.

Low on 3's, and 20 centers. Looking for a 20 cent now and just in vf or xf but really none to be had except a scattered few raw with "AU" on the 2x2.

12 bucks to park. Rain like crazy.

Still fun as we got to get outta da house and chat with some ole pals and have dinner at Angelina's in STockton.

• Options
    anoldgoatanoldgoat Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭
    I didn't know there was a show either. Since I live near the light rail in Blossom Valley and won't have to drive I think I'll go tomorrow.
    Alright! Who removed the cork from my lunch?

W.C. Fields
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I drove over there around 12:00 noon today (Saturday Jan 14).
    The rain was really coming down.
    I wondered how many people would attend today with the heavy rain.
    Attendence did not seem very heavy.

I was able to upgrade my two 1906-S silver coins (dime, half) from the same dealer.
    I also bought a chopmarked 1903-S Philippine peso.

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    This show is still open on Sunday for those of you who didn't know ahead of time or haven't had the chance to attend.
  • Options
    I stopped by WTCG's table and met two friendly people there, but no W. It looked like he had some nice coins including a Mad Marty Hoard proof Jeff. image

<Sorry let me define rare as rare dates to my collection. 1908-1933>

I bought a nice 1887 $1 gold from Mike Bobb and also a 1932 $10 Indian from him. I am also in the market for a $3 and early gold but it seems everybody else is too so there was nothing for me. I saw a cool, but overpriced, proof 1833 half cent.

I left at noon. It was raining when I came and when I left.
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go!
    It's nice and sunny today!
    (Sunday)
    Some parking lots nearby are free on weekends.
    https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    stephunterstephunter Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭
    I went down to the show on Sunday with my son found a few interesting coins. I found the floor layout a little confusing and also lost track of where I had been. I did come up with a couple of error coins, one is a 46-S Jefferson double die that I have been trying to find for about a year.
  • Options
    I was going to go but was called in by my boss (we are closing the office in March and had to do some teardown of servers and racks.) and ended up working most of the weekend image

Very dissapointed that I wasn't able to be there, but on the bright side.......I found that one of my fellow (soon not to be) employees has a very large stash (all silver/clad/gold) of over 3,000 coins that he is looking to part with.

looking forward to Wednesday when I get to go through it. He brought in a small handful that consisted of seated dimes, barber halves and quarters and a dozen or so CC morgans!!!

• Options
    CalGoldCalGold Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    This show was so bad it was depressing. Nothing to buy. A glaring lack of nice coins. After giving up on finding what I was looking for I checked out other stuff, just to look at neat coins. Not only nothing to buy, but nothing to look at. No nice proof IHC. Almost all seated type was dipped--saw one nice toned proof for big $$$--just didn't have $17K to drop on an impulse buy.

Is it any wonder, that bidders are chasing nice coins to the moon at auction?

CG

• Options

<< <i>This show was so bad it was depressing. Nothing to buy. A glaring lack of nice coins. After giving up on finding what I was looking for I checked out other stuff, just to look at neat coins. Not only nothing to buy, but nothing to look at. No nice proof IHC. Almost all seated type was dipped--saw one nice toned proof for big $$$--just didn't have $17K to drop on an impulse buy.

Is it any wonder, that bidders are chasing nice coins to the moon at auction?

CG >>

I had a very nice Proof Trade Dollar for sale at my table. It's one of the nicest ones that I've seen or owned for the given grade.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file