Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is there a QDB book called "50 Favorite Numismatic Pearls"?

LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
I was reading through a back issue of Esylum from October 21, 2001, and there was a tidbit about research regarding Yankee Robinson. The narrative mentioned that the Yankee Robinson research would be published in an upcoming QDB book called "50 Favorite Numismatic Pearls." Does anyone know if this book was ever written? I've never heard of it before. Could it have been a working title for More Adventures with Rare Coins? I don't have that book with me right now, so I can't tell if the Robinson story is contained in that book. Does anyone know?
Always took candy from strangers
Didn't wanna get me no trade
Never want to be like papa
Working for the boss every night and day
--"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)

Comments

• Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, More Adventures in Rare Coins indeed contains a chapter on Yankee Robinson. I would bet it is the same book. I am reading it right now, and it might be my favorite QDB yet. It would be cool and eclectic (and very expensive) to create a type set of 50 coins from the 50 chapters. For those of us of more modest means, we could substitute any "S" mint Barber dime for the 94-S, a Fugio cent or replica for the Continental Dollar, etc. Each of the 50 coins would be a conversation piece, and the conversation would be scripted for us!
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    Very cool idea, RYK. I like it. That book is also one of my favorites, and I liked it better than the original Adventures with Rare Coins. I saw an Adventures on Ebay for $0.01, and the auction is still active. I wonder if these books can be flipped for a profit?
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The original Adventures in Rare Coins surfaces regularly on ebay. I doubt that there is profit potential.

More Adventures is MUCH tougher to find. I ordered one in November from ANR, and they were out of stock (so presumably out of print).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file