Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Price of gold ????

Anyone here know what the price of gold per ounce is ?? Last I heard it was $536.00 !! Any change up or down ??

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Kitco is a website with current prices used by many here... I also look at gold futures on the CNN website: CNN commodity futures prices
  • Options
    <Any change up or down ??>

BTW the gold price is constantly changing up and down all the time...
  • Options
    But it is continuing in the process of heading north, IMO...

Tom
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone here know what the price of gold per ounce is ?? Last I heard it was $536.00 !! Any change up or down ?? >>

You must have a time machine. Who won the '06 Super Bowl? image
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    closed friday dec at 503.2

the dec 30 futures is 520 or there abouts so someone is bullissh on gold

• Options

<< <i>closed friday dec at 503.2

the dec 30 futures is 520 or there abouts so someone is bullissh on gold >>

I'm bullish myself. I just picked up a several ounces of modern bullion today. I still think we will close the year at below $500.

Having said that, I expect to see $700 by mid 2006.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    I check here often.

Gold,silver and platinum.

Silver is doing pretty darn good.
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭

sorry mistyping 503.7 not 2
  • Options
    Having said that, I expect to see $700 by mid 2006.

Wow ! That would really make me happy.

Tom
  • Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK - so now is not the time to sell?
  • Options
    JDelageJDelage Posts: 724 ✭✭

<< <i>OK - so now is not the time to sell? >>

Nobody *knows* where gold is heading. Of course *everybody* has an opinion. It's not like it's on a nice uninterrupted trajectory. Depending on when you bought, you may want to take your gains now, rather than take a risk. If you believe in selling when prices are high, well, prices are high now.

Personally, I own gold as an edge against inflation or a catastrophic meltdown. I don't really intend on speculating (i.e., betting) on it. Instead, I fully intend to loose money on it (compared to stocks) over the long term. But *IF* one day I need it, I'll have it. It's a different goal.
    "The greatest productive force is human selfishness."
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Options
    Thanks all !! Yes I know how the market fluctuates and todays price is no guarrantee for tomorrow !! A friend has some gold items she wants to sell but it is in antique jewelry !! I told her that the bullion prices may not accurately reflect their values but thought I would check anyway !! Thanks for the tips on where to check !!
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭
    Ya Know all those people claiming Gold is gonna hit $800+ an ounce will be coming outta the woodwork now........ image

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭
    Here is a great little tool that keeps tabs on Gold and Silver all day long for you. It stays nice and safe in your tool bar right next to your time clock, I have been running it for a while now with no problems.

Kitco Gold and silver tool

Minimum Requirements:

Compatible with Windows 95 / 98 / NT / 2000 / XP
    120MHz Intel Pentium processor or equivalent
    64MB of RAM (Kcast takes up to 15 MB at run time)
    28.8Kpbs modem
    IE 5.5 or later
    65,000-color video display card (video)

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gold from mom and pop will come out of the woodwork at $800 but the investors and nations looking for gold as a hedge will have only increased. That gold will get sucked up very quickly. The rise towards $800 will be far quicker than it took to go from $260 to $500 (4 years). Any by $800 more people will want gold than ever before.

Remember, we need $1650 gold just to balance the nation's debt.
    We need $2200 gold just to account for money stock (M3) increases since 1980-1982 after gold bottomed around $450. We have increased the money supply 5X in 25 years yet gold is about the same price. That is the RED FLAG. No way $500 gold makes any sense since it was $450 back in 1982 before the FED's printing presses went nuts.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who thinks gold is going to $800 or more in the near term (12-18 months) is smoking crack and has no concept of macro economics.

Of course I could be the idiot, but time will tell image
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You must have a time machine. Who won the '06 Super Bowl? >>

Darned sure wasn't the Philly eagles. Those idiots actually thought they could afford to kick T.O to the curb.

In the NFL world, the Eagles are the Blue Moons.

Go Cowboys!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file