Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Wanna see my new Monster toned Nickels (Warning AT inside) ;)

MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭
MrsSpud's away so I decided to try out a new AT technique I dreamt up. I was going for a look vaguely reminiscent of those Monster $15000 commemoratives. I think I was about 25% successful. Note - This was done for educational purposes only, not to try and rip people off.

Comments

• Options
    Ok Mr. Spud, how were these done...they are very pretty.
  • Options
  • Options
    Ummm.....well, I don't want to accidently educate the next Toneking1000 on e-bay so I don't want to get into the specifics. I'll just say that it involved 3 elements on the periodical table and something that makes you feel cozy in the winter image
  • Options
    AL Ke haul!
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Alcohol, plutonium, bistmuth and technetium?
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options

<< <i>Ummm.....well, I don't want to accidently educate the next Toneking1000 on e-bay so I don't want to get into the specifics. I'll just say that it involved 3 elements on the periodical table and something that makes you feel cozy in the winter image >>

Sulfur, Oxygen, Plutonium and my Grandma's couch???
  • Options
    Damn ... someone beat me to plutonium image
  • Options
    Now dont make me suffer or I will go to the couch and turn brown while drinking.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Ummm.....well, I don't want to accidently educate the next Toneking1000 on e-bay so I don't want to get into the specifics. I'll just say that it involved 3 elements on the periodical table and something that makes you feel cozy in the winter image >>

Sulfur, Oxygen, Plutonium and my Grandma's couch??? >>

Grandma's what?!?!

peacockcoins

• Options
    Well Al Ke haul will sure cool ya off.
  • Options
    And I also accidently learned how to make wierd cartoonish rainbows
  • Options
    And just to be cryptical, the symbols of the chemicals are jumbled in the word sales, and it wouldn't be alcohol, rather it would be what a teetotaler Grandma might use in the winter to keep cozy while sitting on her couch image
  • Options

<< <i>And just to be cryptical, the symbols of the chemicals are jumbled in the word sales, and it wouldn't be alcohol, rather it would be what a teetotaler Grandma might use in the winter to keep cozy while sitting on her couch image >>

GRANDPA????
  • Options
    p8ntp8nt Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭
    This last set is sweet!

Sulphur?
    Aluminum?
    Arsonic?
    Selenium?
  • Options
    And grandma keeps warm by fire...
  • Options

<< <i>And just to be cryptical, the symbols of the chemicals are jumbled in the word sales, and it wouldn't be alcohol, rather it would be what a teetotaler Grandma might use in the winter to keep cozy while sitting on her couch image >>

Latex image
  • Options

<< <i>Latex >>

He said grandma image
  • Options
    I got almost the same coloring by , welp I didn't stumble across it my 11 yr. old son did, putting acetone, EZ-est and baking soda together and letting it soak for a bit. Only happened with moderns. I tried the same on silver and nothing happened.image We did this just the other evening. Magnificent blues were rendered.

Tom
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    HadleydogHadleydog Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭
    Interesting thread.
  • Options
    bonkroodbonkrood Posts: 796 ✭✭✭
    Cozy Fire and what.
    image Steam Power
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Latex >>

He said grandma image >>

Cootch?

imageimageimage
  • Options
    No, no Grandmas in latex were involved image

<< <i>I got almost the same coloring by , welp I didn't stumble across it my 11 yr. old son did, putting acetone, EZ-est and baking soda together and letting it soak for a bit. Only happened with moderns. I tried the same on silver and nothing happened. We did this just the other evening. Magnificent blues were rendered.

Tom >>

Interesting image . Got any pictures?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file